Digg's irritated eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: after only 2 treatments of the ointment, the pinkness in Diggs's eye is greatly reduced. It is barely coloured at all now, and the irritated spots are getting smaller & you can tell they're healing. I hope I can tell if the blockage is gone, does anyone know if something comes out, or will he start being sniffly or something?

He is super nervous around me today, every time I try to pet him he *might* let me for almost a minute then he thinks I'll do something to him & jumps into the litter box. I try not to bother him when he's doing his business, but its just the only place he feels he can get away from me, maybe?

the only way that i could tell if a duct was clear was that the eye would stop running
but that's not one of his symptoms

Beau/s eye was infected and didn't run but the duct was still blocked.
Don' t think that there is anyway to tell other than the stain
if he's betterI wouldn't worry too much about that
is he opening his eye ?

The vet said it's a nasal blockage, not a tear duct blockage, right? I would guess that when that goes away you might see a runny nose. Glad it's helping...

Diggs is opening the eye, it looks so much better.
And I was a little confused about what the vet said, because I dont think he was 100% sure if it was nasal or tear duct. If it is tear duct then the ointment should help. If it doesnt help (Dr Walton is calling me in 1 week to check) then it may be the nasal passage, in which case I'd have to take him in to Dr Upjohn for xrays to check for teeth growing into the area, or if he needs to be flushed.

Latest posts

Back