Digging

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillianp99

Reaction score
Between 5-8 in the morning my rabbit Lucy wants to dig in ther cage. I haven't had her too long and her old owner said she never did it. She started digging within 2 weeks of me owning her. I don't know what caused it. She's fixed also. :rabbithop

I don't think there's much you can do to stop a rabbit from digging, maybe put more toys inher area to play with and maybe distract her.

They dig because of boredom. Get her some toys and enrichment stuff and she should stop digging 😊 good luck with her

My bunny gets let outside each morning and digs in the back yard for a few minutes. I don't think he does this out of boredom but more out of instinct. I leave the screen door open and he's in the kitchen within 10 minutes from backyard playtime. He's a creature of habit so I just let him dig ...plus it might be a way to naturally trim his claws.

In your case it's obviously not boredom. But in most cases they dig
1-pregnant (making underground nest)
2-boredom
3-habit

And in most cases with boredom toya with help. And the others you can't help its natural😊

Your lucky! My bun usually wakes me up between 3-4am and then again at 5.30am, she sometimes even decides to wake me up at 2am.
She is a cheeky one who loves to jump off and onto her box constantly and doing the bunny 500 in her x- pen. Morning and night are when they are most active

Back