Digging Bunny and Playtime

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyluv96

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a 4 month old holland lop and he seems to have the almost constant urge to dig. He digs at the bottom of his cage, but it's plastic so it's just scratching at the most. He does it all the time like he has an insatiable urge to do so. Is there anything I can do to help him with his urge? I don't really want to give him a box with dirt b/c he'd turn into a mess!! I'd like to give him something to help the urge if I could though. Second, are there games I can play with my bun while he's having his play time? He seems to want to interact and play with me but I dont' know what to do. I give him head scratches and brush him, things like that, but I think he wants to exert some of his energy. He has learned to leap out of the pen and likes to run under my bed :p lil stinker. I wouldn't mind if he ran under the bed, if he just didn't poo while he was under there.Myvacuum doesn't reach under there so it's a pain to have him poo under the bed. I have tried 'chase' and he isn't interested in that. He doesn't like balls and I've tried setting up things for him to knock over. He'll knock them over, slowly, then just go about his business. I'm out of ideas. He doesn't really like his toys, and I don't know any bunny games to play with him. I don't want him to be bored, I've heard boredom manifests as destruction in buns. Please help :p Thanks!

my mini lop Bambam digs to freakin China....ive tried dif things to distract her...nope nada no way,.she is on a mission...ive gotten used to the sound of her nails scrathcing the plastic in her cage bottom.....i told her ..u dont want to go to china...they eat bunnies there......
she did like when i cut a couple of openings in a small box and put shredded newspaper in it...she went crazy digging in there...but man i went thru alot of boxes ..she digs the bottoms right out of em in one night...
playing with my bunnies is a blast ..i agree they really dont like norm toys...all my buns love tunnels...go to ur hardware stores and find some kewl shaped boxes and they will have so much fun running thru em...also i get my buns riled up by lightly pinching their fur above their tail and making a popping sound ..they go nutzo ..binkying around me and throwing their head around ...its really cute...
my PPetunia loves it when i tap my hands in from of her on the ground...she hops straight up in the air and honks....honk honk ..honk...shes my vocal bunny...she honks when i sprinkle hay down on her while shes in her poop box...i caught her in a park ..shes my most unpretty bunny but shes my fav...i can pick her up like a cat and put her over my shoulder...she just goes limp when i pick her up..its strange cuz all my other buns are tense when i grab em...not her shes a big blob of pure bunny love...ok rambling sorry..
playing with ur buns will come natural once u really get to know each one of their personalities...just laying with them while they are out playing will be fulfilling to them..
good luck and have fun..

Flash Gordon wrote:
my mini lop Bambam digs to freakin China....
LOL, so does Snuff! He's got toys too, but I think he does to clean up after himself thesedays. He tends to push the mess like hair and hay to his door for us to take out, he's so cute.

But, maybe try a phonebook. They love those to dig at. Give that a try.:D

heehee...Snuff says "'wheres my darn housekeeper...cant find good help anywhere....."..
hiphop.jpg

Lol thanks for the replies! I've tried the phonebook and he does like it, for about five minutes. I've tried the box with ripped up paper, he could care less. Love the story Flash, too cute! :)

Latest posts

Back