Digdug

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digdug

Reaction score
I found Digdug as an abandon pet at a state park in Pennsylvania. She was barely a month old.I took her home and persuaded my superintendent to let me keep the pet in my apartment. When she was 2yrs, the next door dogs broken into our yard and nearly tore her to bits. Having just battled the vicious dogs off of her, when I picked Digdug up she screamed! ..thinking my hand was a dogs jaw about to take the last fatal bite,.. but mid scream she cracked one eye open, saw it was me.. and collapsed in a relaxed sigh of relief "Oh thank god, its just you!"

She was such a bloody mess I actually prayed that she would die quickly to spare her from outrageous suffering..but she refused to give in. despite the severity of her injuries this throw away bunny that nobody wanted struggled bravely to cope with her new limitations, A local non-rabbit friendly vet advised putting her down. No! I saw that Digdug was a fighter and Special needs rabbit care was something I was going to introduce this backward town to. I gave my bunny all the care & support she needed to accomplish her stubborn survival goal. For almost a year after the attack she had lost the ability to hop, walking slowly on all fours like a crawling baby. Her regular inside bunny enclosure was a multi-level tall tower that she used to love hoping platform to platform, but since the mauling, I had to put everything down on ground level.

7½ yrs later, she's doing Okay. More than okay. Only I can tell where her old wounds lightly show through her fur coat an she regained her hop. As a free roaming house rabbit, she likes to jump on my bed in the morning to get head rubs. If I'm not awake, she finds my hand and shoves her head under it, in hopes It'll start scratching her fuzzy noggin.
Long live/love Digdug
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/Et0u5RhUbFc&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Welcome to RO.

Oh poor Digdug had a not so good start to life, but boy did you ever give her a great chance at life.

It's amazing how these little creatures will fight for life when they know that someone really loves them.

What a great video, it sure looks like Digdug loves that ball.

Looking forward to more pictures and stories of her.

Susan:)

Lucy500 wrote:
Digdugs story brought a tear to my eye. Bless her and you for being such a brave and loving bunny parent.
Thanks! There is so much bunny ignorance wherever I go, It's over whelming. The mass amount of people that still view rabbits as throw away toys for their kids, The Hutch them and leave them mentality,.. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.
How great & comforting it is to commune with like minded rabbit lovers.

My little alarm clock bounds on to my bed every morning demanding attention. No sleeping in when Digdugs on duty
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/Lo22FOmwMHU&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

The video of her with the ball is great. I love that she has so much spunk. I'm sure that a big part of the reason she was able to come back from such an attack was knowing you were with her, fighting right alongside her to help her get better. You're her best friend and I think you guys make a great team! Long live DigDug!

:thumbup

Digdug is sooo adorable! Great video! Welcome to the forum by the way! So glad you were able to help Digdug~

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

What a cute bunny! Great video, bunny tether ball.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back