difficult time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are a good rabbit mom, they will still getout and will have large houses. We call them houses in our home. Yep,it decreases the guilt for me. Maybe that will help you too. Hang inthere. Remember you always have friends and a support system here tohelp youthru./images/emoticons/wink.gif

I'm sure they'll adapt to it just fine,Lissa,..mine get free roam in one room andI have to taketurns with them. We all adore rabbits but when it comes right down toit they sure are messy and if you are not feeling well I know how hardit is . :sweep:sweepDon't feel bad about it. they are luckylucky bunnies to have such a good mom. :)

I feel like a monster. I know that this is probably part hormones, but I almost feel like

Iszy and Pristine would be better off if they were euthanised at thispoint. Their quality of life is nearly that of a caged ratnow. :( I feel terrible. :bigtears:

Lissa wrote:
Ifeel like a monster. I know that this is probably parthormones, but I almost feel like

Iszy and Pristine would be better off if they were euthanised at thispoint. Their quality of life is nearly that of a caged ratnow. :( I feel terrible. :bigtears:

I am sure you are exaggerating. They can probably feel that you aregoing through a lot now and would understand. And if they get some freetime outside of the cage they should be fine.

Lissa..they had a life that most rabbits wouldnever have........ but that doesn't mean that they can't be happy withsomething that is different. You are being way too hard on yourself.They get some time out of the cage and they are loved. I know how hardthis is on you because I know how you feel about free-roam..but itdoesn't have to be all or nothing. It could be compared to if a womanhas a couple kids and then she has a couple more. The first couple kidsadapt to the new additions even if they aren't the center of attention.

I felt that my rabbits had a terrible lifecompared to your rabbits because they couldn't be free-roam and youknow how I love rabbits. But my rabbits get some exercise andtheyare loved and well cared and they are happyrabbits. I think that maybe you are having problems with everythingbecause the changes happened too fast for you to take everything in atonce and process it. It will get better than it is now. :)

Lissa... how old are yourbabies?I assumetheyspayed/neutered? Most rabbits can be littertrained... soperhaps if they are not spayed/neutered this may be a good place tostart. But given that you are a long term member here(obvious by your number of posts haha) they are most likely alreadyfixed. In the case when a bunny doesn't seem to "get" theidea of a litterpan it's best to go back to a smaller area (like you'vedone), and let them get the hang of using their litterpan thatway. After awhile of littertraining, hopefully you can allowthem greater and greater freedom with time and patience.

Oh, and CONGRATS on your new arrival to come :colors:

lucylocket wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS

LISSA AND PARTNER

i think it looks like agirl

what do you think

varna and lucy xxxx
Thanks Varna! I hope it's a girl but I think it's going to bea boy. We'll find out in hopefully 9 weeks. :)

3Bears wrote:
Lissa... how old are your babies?Iassumethey spayed/neutered? Most rabbits can belittertrained... so perhaps if they are not spayed/neutered this may bea good place to start. But given that you are a long termmember here (obvious by your number of posts haha) they are most likelyalready fixed. In the case when a bunny doesn't seem to "get"the idea of a litterpan it's best to go back to a smaller area (likeyou've done), and let them get the hang of using their litterpan thatway. After awhile of littertraining, hopefully you can allowthem greater and greater freedom with time and patience.

Oh, and CONGRATS on your new arrival to come :colors:
Both are spayed. I have them in a smaller area now incages. The cages are pretty good sized. Hopefullythis will help their littertraining. Thanks!

In one of the pics you had posted awhile ago Inoticed you use a hay wheel, not that I am criticizing I recentlypurchased one. But,my comment was that with my bun I went thru phasesof trying to not waste hay and lose it under the wire bottom of thecage(despite grass mats). My point being during one of these attempts Iput an extra box in there just for hay which made me forget to put hayin D's box. She had been fully litter trained at this point, butstopped using her litter box and started using the hay box. As you wellknow they poop when they eat, maybe if you try putting hay in theirlitter box they will poop in there and get the idea.
2. I know you feel horrible but try when they are out and about pickingup the poop from the floor with a kleenex and putting both of them inthe litter box. this really works... obviously this is not the litterbox for the cage. Now that they are in cages see where they soil themost and put litter boxes there.
I am so sorry you are going thru this all, I wish I lived closer, Icould help you clean. Well with the cages it should be easier to getthe litter training under control.

:hug: :sweep

Latest posts

Back