Difference in types of urine? (Odd title i know)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonnyMommy

Reaction score
Is there a difference between normal urine and hormonal urine? My young buck is almost 11 weeks old, his testies have not decended (from what I can tell) and today when I enterd my room (after not being in there for 40 minutes) a strooooong urine smell wacked me in the face. Did my bun mark territory while I was gone or is that what fresh pee smells like? (I just cleaned his cage yesterday)

Yeah the problem is I still can't see his testicles. I got him from (i believe) an experienced breeder and the breeder said my bun is male. (Males were the only ones left unspoken for). Could he be a "late bloomer"?

First, they can suck the testicles up and in, so you may never see them. If they show they can go and our vet says 4 months is good for any male to become a "high tenor"! Normally they don't smell too strong, but marking seems to carry a bit more "odor" and some we've had would spry, but not all did it. If you have someone who knows how to tell the sex, have "him" checked--it won't be the first he that wasn't a he.

Crud. So my Donny could be a Bonny. Haha! Oh well. I still love my bun ♡

They may be able to suck them in but there will still be a sack that you can see. An unaltered buck's urine can be pretty strong.

Latest posts

Back