Diet while moulting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elli

Reaction score
Both of my rabbits are moulting the last weeks. I brush them every day and I give them unlimited amount of hay and water. I also give them normally their veggies and pellets.
I was wondering if any of you provide your rabbits with any supplements or specific foods in order to prevent hair balls and helping their new fur grow shinier.

Both of my rabbits are moulting the last weeks. I brush them every day and I give them unlimited amount of hay and water. I also give them normally their veggies and pellets.
I was wondering if any of you provide your rabbits with any supplements or specific foods in order to prevent hair balls and helping their new fur grow shinier.

That's good that you're brushing them everyday. Rabbits cannot produce hair balls instead they dogest their hairs. If you aren't helping them with their shedding by brushing their hair you will start to see their poo connected by fur which is a sign their digesting too much. As long as you keep on doing what your doing now you're fine. There aren't really foods that prevent hairballad but for shinier fur I suggest feeding them all the nutrients they need and lots of exercise.

Some people give chewable papaya tablets, whether they legitimately help or not though I'm unsure. Daily brushing is the best thing you can do, along with encouraging lots of hay eating. If you're terribly concerned about it you could always increase the brushing to twice daily. I know there's some times when Bandit needs that.

Sorry I accidentally clicked reply :(

Like I was saying you could use papaya tablets but with 11 bunnies I have never tried them.

Daily grooming is best and twice daily grooming is sometimes needed!

This sounds cruel but if a lot of fur is really loss you could co around and pull out clunks and it won't hurt bun and will get Rid of a lot of hair that will otherwise go everywhere

One of mine would have problems when shedding and the Papaya tablets helped.

Τhank you for all your replies! I have heard about papaya tablets but I don't know about their actual results so I don't think I will use them.. Sometimes it's just a waste of time/money if the rabbit is fed properly.

Latest posts

Back