Diet & Pregnancy Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
POSTING THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE FORCOUNTREEGRL 11:

"Carolyn I am new here and have a question. I have tried to post a new topic but I keep getting a error that the page is not responding. Canyou please post this for me?

I have 2 buns that I rescued form the street. They both were fairly young?when I rescued them in?Oct. Whiskers appearing to be a little older than Oreo, they were both girls, great! So I got one cage.

Well about 3 weeks ago Whiskers was talking to me. I mean making these strange noises when I went to the cage to visigt and let them out to play. SO I checked her out she seemed ok. I then checked out Oreo upon turning her over to check the belly I discovered Oreo was a BOY!

I separated them in their cage by putting a board in there giving them sides. I hate this because the area is quite small. And they miss each other! I do let them visit with each other, but I stay right there. Well whiskers seems to be developing nipples, which leads me to believe she is pregnant.

My question is this...Sense she seems to already be pregnant can I remove the board and let them be together once again? But remove Oreo when she is close to giving birth? They never have problems when I let them visit.

Also, is there something different I should be doing as far as Whiskers diet goes? How about a nest....what does she need to have for the babies?"

Thank you,

Monique

Welcome aboard, Countreegrl11,

Are you able to post a reply yet? If you can't private message me.

I'm working with your account, but need to know what the error says when you try to post a topic.

Write it down and let me know.

-Carolyn

I'm getting ready to leave for "Christmas" dinner at my sisters, but be sure to read Nicole's "nest" thread (I posted a story about Matthew).

I didn't post a response to the above inquiry because I'm getting ready to leave, and figured other members will have it thoroughly covered by the time I get back tonight :)

Pam

It is not an actual error. I get the site is not responding, there is technical problems with the site or server. Or the site or server is too busy. Refreshing does not help.

Thank you Pam for posting for me, thanks Carolyn for your help also!

I get that error a few times a day too, not sure why though.

I think it's because there are so many people online at the time. I'm not sure of that, but I've had that happen on other sites before.

pamnock wrote:
POSTING THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE FORCOUNTREEGRL 11:

"Carolyn I am new here and have a question. I have tried to post a newtopic but I keep getting a error that the page is not responding. Canyou please post this for me?

I have 2 buns that I rescued form the street. They both were fairlyyoung?when I rescued them in?Oct. Whiskers appaering to be a littleolder than Oreo, they were both girls, great! So I got one cage.

Well about 3 weeks ago Whiskers was talking to me. I mean making thesestrange noises when I went to the cage to visigt and let them out toplay. SO I checked her out she seemed ok. I then checked out Oreo uponturning her over to check the belly I discovered Oreo was a BOY!

I seperated them in their cage by putting a board in there giving themseperate sides. I hate this because the area is quite small. And theymiss eachother! I do let them visit with eachother, but I stay rightthere. Well whiskers seems to be developing nipples, which leads me tobelieve she is pregnant.

My question is this...Sense she seems to already be pregnant can Iremove the board and let them be together once again? But remove Oreowhen she is close to giving birth? They never have probelms when I letthem visit.

Also, is there something diffeent I should be doing as far as Whiskersdiet goes? How about a nest....what does she need to have for thebabies?"

Thank you,

Monique
I cant help with whether or not you can put them back together. Sorry.I ahve read that other people have done it and everything worked out okbut I dont have any personal experience in that area.

Diet for an expecting doe should be about the same as any other doe. Idont change anything until after they give birth (kindle). Afterkindling I gradually increase feed until theyre free fed.

I provide a nest box for my expectant does on the 28th day afterbreeding. I'm guessing you dont know how far along she might be so,that'll make it a little harder to know when to put the nest box in. Iguess not knowing how far along she may be, you could put the nest boxin anytime but just make sure she doesnt use it as a bathroom. Usuallyif you put it in the opposite corner that she already uses as a pottyshe wont go to the bathroom in the nest box. I usually line the bottomof the nestbox with pine shavings then provide lots of hay for her tobuild the rest of her nest. generally you wouldnt give an adult bunnyalfalfa hay but since the doe is expecting, and this will be the babybuns first food, I use alfalfa for the nestbox.

Lanna

Latest posts

Back