Diet for baby bun!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
When should I feed flopsy his first vegetablesand fruit?? I know you're supposed to introduce them one at atime to see how they're systems take it!! He goes through many bowls ofpellets and alot of hay in oneday!! Ialso wanted to wish everyone here a Very Merry Christmas and Happy NewYear!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUGUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Some have said 6 mos for their first veggies and fruits.

My vet said 6 mos or a little before. I started Bo out reallyeasy. I would give him just a nibble of cilantro once a daywhen he was about 5 mos old. Then I added Romaine..... andonly one leaf..... Now he's 6 mos and almost 7 and he's eating a cup orso of greens a day. I still haven't given him all thechoices, but he's happy.

I also started giving him some natural, dehydrated papaya when he was 5mos old. Just a little sliver (like 1/2 inch, by 1/2 inch by1/16th inch thick) a couple of times a week. I got it at theWILD OATS store. It helps with hairballs, anddigestion.

Yep. They are kind of like humanbabies. Try to let their little bodies get used to foodbefore they get new stuff. They also need to eat hay so youdon't want them getting the idea it's ok just to eat veggies! lol....

Infact, we are dealing with Bo's lack of "hay interest" rightnow. He seems to like it when I throw it up on his secondlevel better than if it's in the rack. That's fine... as longas he doesn't throw it all outside his cage LOL

Oh and free pellets and hay until they are 9 mos is what I am thinking,but we backed Bo's pellets off a tad bit..... he was getting a littlethick LOL!

luna21 wrote:
OHHshould I be feeding cinabun more hay and pellets with her veggies sinceshe's preggos

???
My babies tend to end up getting their first nibbles of fruits andveggies pretty young since their mom gets them. It's almost impossibleto prevent them from eating the things I give their mom. I hand feedtreats so they dont get those young, but veggies, fruits, and otherthings I supplement the dams diet with....they get. So far I haventseen any adverse effects.

I dont increase my dams (pregnant female) feeduntil the daythey kindle (give birth). If the mom gains too much weight before birthit can make delivery difficult, and sometimes deadly.

Lanna

Latest posts

Back