Did your bunny's personality change after bonding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnybunnymummy

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Kinda new to this whole bonding experience, so just wondering what others' experiences are.

Gus has always been a bit stand-offish and aloof with us. Sometimes downright grumpy (growling and chasing us off his mat, etc.). Yet, in the week since we've had Pepper he has completely mellowed out. He just seems so much more content and happy than he ever has (which I'm not too surprised about, given how much he seems to LOOOOVE his girlie.). But more than that, though, is he's actually become affectionate with me (kinda reminds me of before he was neutered and he used to do love dances... ;) ). Whereas before, he would only tolerate petting for a few minutes before pushing me away, now he allows me to sit with him and pet him for long periods of time--even touching him in spots that would usually get a grunt and lunge!

Anyone else had this happen with their bunny after bonding with another rabbit? And, if so, did it last? ;)

Thanks!

Rue

I had two bonded rabbits that were always a bit shy and stand-offish. Once I added a third (he was more outgoing and bold) and bonded my trio the original two became a lot more personable. I've seen a lot of improvements with all of them since bonding.

I know another person that had one bunny that never wanted to hang out around the family. After they bonded her with their rabbit who was more of a social butterfly she started spending more time with the family and became more affectionate.

The improvements in both situations have lasted! I think sometimes bonded rabbits can definitely level each other out :)

Back