Did this leave any lasting damage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollphat

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I came home and found my four month old mini lop hiding behind the couch. His head was moving left to right and he wouldn’t come out like he usually would so I picked him up and noticed that his eyes were also quickly moving back and forth. Could this have been nystagmus? It was too late to take him to the vet at the time so I just watched over him as this continued for hours. He was very quiet and easily scared for the next three or so days but he seems to be back to his normal self now.
I don’t think any of the local vets here know much about rabbits so I haven’t taken him for a check up yet. I thought perhaps someone here could give me some advice as to what caused it? Should I take him to the vet even though he’s better now or should I wait until I need to take him to get desexed?
Thanks for your time!

Hmmm.... This normally signals an ear infection or a parasite, in both cases, treatment will be required to avoid a much worse re-occurrence. As a rule both are hard to diagnose so its best to start treatment with antibiotics and Panacur (a dewormer).

Or it could be a neurological issue, trauma or genetics.

What fur/eye color is your bunny?

sas :clover:

Latest posts

Back