did it again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans_mommy

Reaction score
wow!!! now we have3 i just couldntresist she is such a pretty angora lopblack face with smokey gray fur.....she looks like a dustball...:pbeans (who we discovered is a boy not a girl) seems to loveher way to much cant wait for him to beneutered in a few weeks......and my tiny mini just wantsnothing to do with the whole situation........so now our family is afleming giant, angora lop, and a mini (who looks just like a jackrabbit)how old does a female have to be to getpregnant???? what is the best product towash there feet??? is it safe to groom a angorashair daily should it be wash or justbrushed? thanksall Donna

Does can conceive as early as 12 weeks of age.

Shampoo products for animals that you don't have to rinse off work well for cleaning as well as white vinegar or lemon juice.

Don't wash angoras -- horrible mess and takes a long time to dry them-- reminds me of the time I took a load of Angoras to a show in ourtrailer with the new vents -- who knew how well those vents woulddivert the rainwater and dump in right on top of the rabbits:shock: Ideally, show angoras are blown, notbrushed. I don't recommend brushing a long coat unless youcut it much shorter, or you'll pull it all out and strip out theundercoat. A slicker brush for dogs can be used on theshorter coat. Wool coats with predominant guardhairs such as the Jersey Wooly coat, don't require muchmaintenance.

Pam

Hi beans_mommy. And then there were three lol.You are certainly becoming a rabbit addict, aren't you. Keep on at thisrate and you're going to need a bigger place to live. Look forward toany photos you may have - Jan

Awwwwww your angora lop must be the most cutestandgeorgeous thing! I love angoras (you can tell from myname). Can't wait to see some pics of your baby!:D Cassandra

i had to brush her out she was mattedwhen i gother.....:(usay to blow them out instead of brush (i dont wantto sound stupid butttt) does that mean with a blowdryer im new to all this andwant the best for my babys..........also what are thequalitys of a show rabbit (curiosity has got the best ofme) and fleming giant show material im sure angorais please anyone that can help....wow 12wks they can concieve...rut roooooo i hope istopped beans in time!!! lololol pics tofollow!! Donna

I'm sorry you had to brush her all out withmats:(....I'm sure she is fine now tho. When I first started gettingangoras I didn't kno anything about blowers either. If you type inbrushing german angora in the search engine at the top of the page youwill find a post that is called brushing german angora and it has lotsof info about blowers in there. If you are going to show your bunny oryou think your bunny is getting a lot of fur, is quite big, and isgoing to get matted again if you keep on brushing her....I would blowher. German and English angoras really need the most grooming anddefinetely need to be groomed with ablower.Cassandra:)

Back