Diarrhea - Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I can't remember... Is there a particular type of rice that is better to boil for the rice water used when a bun had diarrhea?

My poor lil guy's buttis covered in poop. It's all my fault. I mistakingly forgot to mix in the food he had from the breeder's. I've been really out of it this week and been making stupid mistakes and I feel badly. So that and the stress of the transport, new home, etc has caused a nasty bout.

I have to clean him off but I feel bad because I don't want to freak him out. :(Poor thing :(

Should I give him some pedialyte to make sure he is hydrated properly? Or will he be ok since I caught it in time?

pedialyte can't hurt

I don't know about the rice but I think I might try to use the rice cereal you get for babies? someone else can give an opinion there.

Poor baby boy :(

Ok, just before I freak everyone out... Lol

Lemme say that it's not all liquid. He has some very mushy poops and there was some yucky liquid but I caught it in time and he's not dehydrated enough. Obviously, I am keeping an eye on him and keeping him hydrated and warm but it's not like he had it all night and is totally dehydrated. Sorry I should have taken more time in explaining properly :)

Ps: I have removed all pellets for now until it solidifies. He won't have them until tomorrow at least. He has plenty ofhay :)

I wouldnt give him any rice or any more carbs. I would just remove the pellets (or limit them) and make sure he has lots of hay. Pedialyte would be good too.

I'd do what Haley said....Pedialyte won't hurt anything.

You can give some Pepto Bismol to help with the mushiness/softness/wetness of his poops. 1- 2 CCs, depending on how much he weighs.

Latest posts

Back