Diarrhea in my Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hay is primarily fiber, so any grass hay is about the same as any other ("cereal" hays like oat and wheat are a little different - with those, you need to remove the oats or w/e because the extra carbs are bad for bunnies). at your bunny's age, she could also have alfalfa hay - it's generally recommended for babies (under 7 mos) and pregnant/nursing mothers because it's higher in calcium and protein than grass hays. if you do decide to switch to alfalfa, though, you need to gradually wean her onto it rather than abruptly switching (just like switching pellet brands).

When my Hunny Bunny would get mites near her tail, she would have the poops. I would give her some uncooked oatmeal and not only does she love it, it would help to stop the poops. You may want to try that. Now I just get ivermetin injections all the time for her to keep the mites away. Her immune system is not good even though I have managed to keep her in fairy great health the past six years that I have owned her.

Latest posts

Back