Diana's Zoo 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonDaisy

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Here is a fresh new blog, I will try to keep this one updated better than I did the last two years, lol!
I'm Diana,I've lived in the beautiful Yukon Territory for most of my life, I was born here, though I grew up mostly on Vancouver Island and came back when I was 14. I'm now28 years old and currently working as a cleaning faery (ie. Janitor) until I figure out what I'd like to do with my life. I've also been an agent for Greyhound and a warehouse manager for the local professional hair care/beauty products distributor, plus other little things here and there like housekeeping, waitressing and an admin assistant. I ended up hating them all so I recently took a workshop on how to start your own business, so we'll see where things go from here. I definitely feel it's time for a huge change in my life, though I don't know what that change should be!
Most importantly I love animals and here are the ones that share my home:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjgtMjAxMTAzMDktMTY1OC5qcGc.jpg

This is my chinchilla Mini Lop, Ookpik. We just celebrated her 4th gotcha day in December and she will be 5 years old this April. She is my first bunny and is cheeky and very opininated. She also loves treats and pets, but what bunny doesn't? lol

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjYtMjAxMTAzMDktMTY1My5qcGc.jpg

This is my harlequin Mini Lop, Newt. His 3rd gotcha day was back in September and he just turned 4 years old in February. I adopted him from SARS BC to be Ookpiks husbun, she finally warmed up to the idea two years after he came home, lol. He's a real sweety bun, much less curmudgeonly than Pookie, lol.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjctMjAxMTAzMDktMTY1My5qcGc.jpg

Here is my boy, Yannik. He will be five this month and he's 1/4 Australian Cattle Dog and the rest is a mystery, he looks sorta like a corgi, though. He's a sucky baby, but otherwise pretty good dog, lol.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjAtMjAxMTAzMDctMTQ1My5qcGc.jpg

Here is my kittykins, Misdemeanor or Missy for short. I'm not sure how old she is, but she'sat leastseven because that's how many years I've had her. She's a lapcat and spends a lot of time in mine, especially since my bestfriend/dog, Daisy, passed away last November.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTgtMjAxMTAzMDctMTQ1My5qcGc.jpg

This is Kagome, she is Missy's daughter and will be six this month. She's not much for cuddles, but adores food and treats and begs worse than a dog, lol. She's also loud and talks back a lot. For not liking to be cuddled, she still likes to sleep tight against me at night. She's my little-est (lol, how do you spell that?!) cat and oh so cute still.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDEtMjAxMTAzMTAtMTcwNi5qcGc.jpg

This is Orca, my oldest and biggest cat. She will be 14 years old this year, she moved in as a foster last June and is staying forever. Long story about how she needed a foster, but she originally belonged to a friend from highschool, so it's cool that I have her now. She's also very loud and loves food, her and Kagome are rather similar, in fact, other than size.

100_1240.jpg

This is a picture of my dog, Daisy and I. She was one of the most important people in my life and I'm sure there will never be a day where I don't miss her.If you listen to "You'reMy Best Friend" by Queen,it's about Daisy and I. :)
RIP my Puppykins, Daisy May. 1994-2010

P.S. my hair is no longer purple, it's just plain brown now, lol.

I also have an oldhedgehog named Rockyand an goldfish named Sammi, but I didn't get new pics of them. You can see them in my older blogs, though:
Diana's Zoo
Diana's Zoo 2008
Diana's Zoo 09/10

TTFN!

:biggrin:

~Diana

Love your new blog.

I don't know if this is much comfort,I am 49 and I still don't know what I want to do with my life, except to love all the bunny's I can.:biggrin2:

Sorry about Daisy, it is never easy.

Well, I've torn down the rabbits cage again. They don't normally live in it and it's so huge and in the way. I used to have just a sort of nic corner set up to hold their hay racks and I used the tray from a wire dog kennel with the litter boxes under it, but then I had no way to contain them. Then Pookie got sick and needed meds so I put up the complete cage again. Now I'm trying out using the dog kennel in case I need to lock them up, like when the boyfriend brings his rowdy puppy over, so we'll see how it goes.

IMG00022-20110309-1534.jpg

Here is the before pic with the whole cage.

IMG00045-20110312-2325.jpg

Here is the current set up with one litter box and one hay rack in the cage, which may prove too small. I might set up their food and water to the side of the cage.

IMG00046-20110312-2326.jpg

Here is Newt nomming on some greens.

IMG00049-20110312-2328.jpg

And Ookpik

IMG00050-20110312-2329.jpg

And Newt again with a big mouth full.

Too bad my blackberry doesn't take very good pics in low light. I will try to take future pics in natural light.

TTFN!

~Diana

Hi everyone!
Here some pictures of Yannik and my bf's puppy, Randi, having fun.

IMG00054-20110314-1718.jpg

Yannik likes to run at top speed from me to his dad and back again. Randi had no clue why they were running, she was just having fun, lol.

IMG00058-20110314-1719.jpg

IMG00059-20110314-1719.jpg

Having a wrestle.

I'm really trying to get Yannik out to play more with other dogs, not only has he gained weight, he's lost most of his socialization. He's now one of them snarly pull the end of the leash dogs and he whines and carries on when we meet other dogs. Highly annoying and embarrassing. So my bestfriend and I went out on sunday with our dogs, who strangely had never met up until now, they got along swimmingly. Which is good because Yannik doesn't usually care for smaller dogs, most of the ones he's met were neurotic idiots, lol.
Then the bf picked me up yesterday to go by cat food and we let the dogs run around for a while. He was all happy about Randi being tired (ie well behaved) last night that he wants to keep taking them out and will pick us up again at 4:30.

IMG00053-20110313-1309.jpg

This is a meeting of the Inter-species Free Roaming Council of Diana's Zoo. Newt got bored and flopped, so it's a good thing Ookpik was listening in and making sure the rabbits were represented. lol

IMG00060-20110315-1400.jpg

Pookie snoozing.

TTFN!

~Diana

Lol are those happy bunnies or what! I'm glad things are going well. I hope Yannik enjoys his time with other dogs :biggrin:

Thanks Nela and Dave!

Here are some pictures from the last while:

IMG00092-20110326-0019.jpg

Here is a pic of the bunners laying in the dog crate, as you can see, it's ridiculously too small for them. Even for short periods of time, so I've done away with that idea.

IMG00136-20110408-1851.jpg

This is their new setup, a 2x4 nic cage with a shelf at one end. Not too intrusive into the rest of the room and an ok size for them to spend a few hours in. I'm glad they have two litter boxes again, they could fill the one in like a day! Lol

IMG00141-20110408-1956.jpg

Adorable little Newt!

IMG00143-20110408-1957.jpg

Lovely Ookpik!

IMG00117-20110401-0036.jpg

Since I clean at the airline, I normally see the shipments of baby animals on their way to the pet store. At the beginning of the month these little guys came in. I totally fell in love with the up-eared one and he even let me scritch him head.

IMG00118-20110401-0059.jpg

He was so laid back he even flopped while we were there cleaning! *sigh* I now wish that I had gone down to buy him, he was just so sweet! But I went to the pet store on Saturday and they had no bunnies at all.

IMG00115-20110331-1536.jpg

I had a bad cold at the end of March so I was sleeping sitting up in the layzboy with this grey fuzzy blanket. Orca must really like that blanket because this was the first time she's ever laid in my lap! She slept with me every night, now she's back to her weird self, lol.

IMG00145-20110408-1958.jpg

Missy and Kagome sitting on the giant dog bed that gets used by cats more than it does dogs, lol.

IMG00062-20110316-1318.jpg

And often times it's used by both! Here is Yannik and Kagome snuggling together.

IMG00106-20110328-1414.jpg

Yannik overlooking the bank to see if there are any squirrels that need chasing in the trees below.

IMG00088-20110322-1804.jpg

It's been warm enough to open the windows a few times this spring, which the cats thoroughly enjoyed.

IMG00146-20110410-1246.jpg

But the it decides to snow! This was April 10th, but it's been snowing a lot today, too. It's only zero degrees, though, so it's not sticking.

IMG00122-20110406-1932.jpg

This was a poster that was put out for Women's History Month a few years ago. I really love it. Mine got all crumpled and you can't get them anymore!

That's all I got for now. Photobucket is being weird and keeps telling me I've exceeded my bandwidth and to try back later, but I can just press the back button and still get what I want. I think it might be full because when I text my photos in, my phone company sends their logo and a bunch of white spacer images. So there are nine extra images uploaded each time! I tried to delete them, but photobucket makes me enter a code for each delete, so annoying! So I might just abandon photobucket and try flickr.
Anyways, I'd better get off of here and finish my laundry and get some housework done!

TTFN!

~Diana

Back