Dewlap removal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I'd add that, I have read of instances of burgess nuggets causing mushy cecotrope issues for some rabbits. Might be due to the higher grain and lower fiber. Not necessarily the case here with your rabbits though. For their size, your rabbits really are getting a pretty minimal amount. But just something to keep in mind, as any rabbit can have potential food sensitivities.

This didn't end up being a problem with the burgess in the thread below, but a good discussion on how the owner was able to figure out the cause of their rabbits mushy poop issue, which ended up being parasites, coccidia and pinworms.

https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/help-is-this-mushy-night-poop-or-diarrhea.93108/
And in this discussion, it was a feed/sugar sensitivity causing issues. Which I've had a few rabbits like this. One especially who couldn't tolerate even the slightest amount of any sugars or pellets in his diet.

Rabbit with runny cecotropes

Well what good advice I've had,thankyou so much everyone.
I've started changing their diet and going well so far.
Today I have had a trainee groomer(18 months in) come to look at Mizla to see if she could help.
She managed to start to sort out Mizlas coat.She completely gently hand shedded her back end and clipped her quite short underneath.She took out half a carrier bag full of non shed coat and there is that again to come out but I thought she'd had enough for one day.For some reason she hasn't been shedding her undercoat properly so she has 3 coats matted in length which is why it feels lumpy. I haven't been able to groom properly on my own .She is going to come once a week until it is done.Even Hobi got his tail hand shedded! So pleased as I really don't want to go the dewlap removal if I can avoid it with getting her groomed. Feels happy for Mizla now she was so good.xx

Back