Devon and Amber in '08

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnydude

Reaction score
:bunnydance: Hey everyone,:bunnydance:

Welcome to Devon and Amber's brand new bunny blog:D.

Things have been really crazy recently, but I can't believe that I haven't posted since October! Luckily things have been slowing down. I've finished the college application stuff and have been accepted to two schools so far (La Salle University and Drexel University in Philadelphia). I recently started my last semester of my senior year and its a pretty light courseload. So hopefully I'll actually have a chance to post some. I've sure missed it around here:).

After cruising the forum for awhile, I'm seeing a lot of new faces. So a warm hello to anyone that I haven't yet gotten a chance to talk to. :hello

Amber and Devon are both doing great although we had a real bad GI scare with Devon about two weeks ago. Thankfully he's made a full recovery:). I'll post details later; the whole thing was pretty complicated and very overwhelming.

I promise that some pictures will follow in the next couple of days

Yikes! I was watching for this and STILL missed it!

YAY BD!! :hugsquish:

You've been so missed, Dude!

For newbies here, Matt was one of our top Moderatorsalmost from the beginning! We owe him SO much!

He has an open invite to return to the ranks.

Meantime, new rule... Matt MUST post!!

THanks forchecking in with us, Dude! Glad thingsare going well. Hugs and nose pats!:hug1

(And tell Devon not to scare you like that again!) :nonono:

sas:bunnydance:

bunnydude wrote:
:bunnydance: Hey everyone,:bunnydance:

Welcome to Devon and Amber's brand new bunny blog:D.

Wer'e gonna hold you to that....but I'll be nice and give you till Sunday....maybe.

Peg

Edited to add: NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!!!

YAY Matt!! :big kiss:We missed you and the furkids around here!

Now about those pictures...:time:

We're waiting..... :brat: :big wink:

bunnydude wrote:
Things have been really crazy recently, but I can't believe that I haven't posted since October! Luckily things have been slowing down. I've finished the college application stuff and have been accepted to two schools so far (La Salle University and Drexel University in Philadelphia). I recently started my last semester of my senior year and its a pretty light courseload. So hopefully I'll actually have a chance to post some. I've sure missed it around here:).

After cruising the forum for awhile, I'm seeing a lot of new faces. So a warm hello to anyone that I haven't yet gotten a chance to talk to. :hello

Amber and Devon are both doing great although we had a real bad GI scare with Devon about two weeks ago. Thankfully he's made a full recovery:). I'll post details later; the whole thing was pretty complicated and very overwhelming.

Welcome back!

It's funny how "addictive" the forum is. I guess in part it's because of all of the beautiful bunnies, but the great people are the "glue" of the place!

I can't wait to see pictures of Amber and Devon. I'm glad Devon recovered well. Scares... are just the last thing anyone needs.

Once you get settled in and have a chance come re-join the fun here!

:welcome2

Trust me, I'm charging the camera batteries now:biggrin2:.

I've just need to clean up the room they're in so I'm not embarassed to post pics:vacuum:

I can't wait to catch up with everybody!

Matt:cool:

I just noticed your avatar after I responded earlier. They are gorgeous! Who is who in the picture? I have to admit, I'm partial to bunnies with that marking on their nose. :)

Amber is on the left and Devon is on the right. That picture is probably two years old, but it's by far my favorite.

Those are two of the cutest bunnies!

Glad to see you here. I hate when people leave and don't come back forever and ever.....

:tantrum:

You owe us LOTS of pictures!! LOTS! :nod

'DUDE!!! :biggrin2:

Good to see you around again, and glad your buns are doing well.

Somebunnie told me there were pictures here, too....hmmmmm.:huh

Well, I guess I owe everyone some pictures:D. But pardon the hay everywhere: These were taken the day before my weekly vacuuming day:?.

Amber lounging in the kennel:

P2230366.jpg

Devon showing off some semi-airplane ears:

P3110380.jpg

Amber relaxin' on the carpet:

P3110383.jpg

Amber grooming Devon. The spot on Devon's back is from where he was shaved to expose the reaction he had to the sub-q fluids. But no worries, the vet said its healing just fine.

P3110379.jpg

Veggie fight!

P3100373.jpg

This one's kind of blurry, but I still think its neat:

P3110384.jpg

They both look so beautiful!

Im so in love with Amber's colorings. I rescued a momma bunny and her babies this summer and she was a lop with the same colors- they almost look like they were dipped in Reeses or something :) And Devon is looking handsome as usual.

Adorable bunnies- theyve been missed here :)

My second dream rabbit is a little lop like Amber. Her coloring is so gorgeous~ I love tri colored lops so much! Her and Devon make such a cute pairing...:D

Thanks guys! I have some more pictures on the camera that I’ll upload tomorrow. But for the time being, here’s an amusing Devon story:

Today we took him in for a follow-up checkup and blood work after his bout with stasis. While we were waiting in the exam room, I took advantage of the fact that it’s about the only situation when he’ll let me hold him. All the while techs came in and out of the room and there were other people talking in the hallway. But the minute he heard Dr. Mackensen’s voice outside the door, his heart rate doubled. I guess rabbits have a pretty good memory! I told the vet when she came in, but I don’t think she was as amused as I was:?. Although he was pretty good about letting her take his blood.

The good news is that she thinks his stomach and gut feel much better and his skin irritation is healing nicely. He’s also well on his way to his pre-illness weight of 4.6 lbs. He only 4.3 lbs when he was in last week, but today he was up to 4.5 lbs. Unfortunately, we still have to keep them separated during the day because we can’t have Amber chewing on his scab. And trying to separate them after playtime has been a real pain:grumpy:.

Back