Destructor bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northerndancer

Reaction score
I am just posting this to see if anyone has had asimilar experience. I have sort of open plan housedownstairsso it is difficult to restrict my rabbit and hencethe downstairs is bunny proofed in terms of electrical wires etc.

However I have discovered today that my two rabbits have been goingbetween the sofa and the wall and chewing and diggingin tothe sofa and they have made a big (and I mean big as in irreparable)hole in my sofa! Anytime I have seen them in there they were justresting and I didnt realise what they were up to.

The thing is they really like being free reign and I dont want to haveto shut them in their cage, which they are hardly ever in. I think Iwill try and put lots of cardboard round the sofa so they have to chewthrough that first. Any ideas?

I think I have lost persective a bit as a lot of people would behorrified about a sofa getting ruined. They are such cute bunniesthough.

i would just block it off so they cant getbehind/under the sofa anymore.. cardboard isnt going to work thoughhehe.. if bunnies *really* want somewhere, they're pretty good atgetting in/under. go for wood or plexiglass if youcan.. we had a prob with our buns chewing all the baseboards.rubbed em with ivory soap, voila! no more chewing :)

Since I just moved into my house, I still havesome cardboard boxes in my room (heavy ones)...and I put them on eitherside of my couch so Cosmo can't run behind it....however I'm not quitesure whatI'm going to do when I get around to unpacking thatstuff..haha oh well

I bought one of those playpens, it's about 2-3 feet high, and I put itall around my bed so Cosmo can't get underneath my bed...so you couldget one of those and put it by your couch....however they areexpensive....but the cheapest one I found was atwww.drfostersmith.com

GOOD LUCK

-Vanessa

I'm so with you on this one, Northerndancer. Wehad to be inventive to block off the areas behing our sofa and loveseat. On one, I used the bottom of a spare cage we don't use anymore,it fits perfectly. We use pieces of 2x4, which fits tightly and theycan't get it down or pull it out. I even use the phone book, as it'svery thick and we use the net to look up numbers anyway. For the fourthside that needed to be blocked off, we used the spare shelves to abookshelf unit that we weren't using.

Of course, rabbits being rabbits and curious, they still investigated.Some squirts with my water gun took care of that though. Now we leaveout a ton of chewable stuff for them to play with.

Latest posts

Back