Desperately Searching for BIG Grass Mats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubysmom

Reaction score
Hi guys. It's been a while since I've been around, but I couldn't think of better people to ask. Some time ago, I purchased these rather large sea grass mats from a discount store near me. They were actually made out of dragon grass, I think. They were about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch thick and measured about 30x18 inches in size. They cost me only $4 each, and I could seriously kick myself for not having bought every single one of them! Of course they don't have them anymore and are unlikely to get them in. They were so nice and durable. My guys would chew on them and sit/sleep on them. I have a NZW and a meat-breed mix so they are pretty good size. Considering the cold weather near me, I would like to give them some large mats to sit on (they live in a 14' x 16' room on my concrete-floored basement). They definitely like to sleep on them. Does anyone know where I could get some BIG, safe mats for them? The biggest size (from Busy Bunny) are too small for them. Price is not really an object at this point. Any help would be great! Thanks.Nicole

Hi, have you tried WalMart. I purchased some there. Not sure of the price though.

Good Luck

Susan:bunnydance:

Also, take a look at Pier One. They've got large Dragon Grass mats.

My local hardware store also had some nice big ones in their decorating section. They where supposed to be door matts.

--Dawn

I have a HUGE one I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond. Its actually a natural straw floor mat/rug for people (about 2 ft x 3ft). They had them on clearance at the end of the summer for like 5 bucks! Like you, Im kicking myself for not buying them all.

If you have one near you, Id check and see if they have them again. Maybe when it starts to get warmer they will have them again. They were with the welcome mats and small rugs..I think 10 dollars each, regular price.

Do you have a Shopko by you? I bought some fabulous jute/sisal mats there the other day. They're really soft and thick, and so big that my NZW foster bun could fit two more twins on it. I forget what they cost, but I think it was a little over $10 each. I bought them a few weeks ago.

Do you have a World Market? aka COST PLUS stores.

They have these strips of Maze, Sea Grass and some other kind I think rice. Anyhow, they are 9 squares (1 ft by 1 ft) and you purchase them in as many strips as you like.The strips here are $10.People buy these for like sunrooms and stuff for flooring.

They also have large sea grass doormats for $10

I go often and get a strip or two and give them to the bunnies. They love them and then they chew them up. When Bo decides he needs a new one, he throws the old pieces into his litterbox and pees on them! :disgust:

For some reason I don't find them on the website but if you have the stores you can check. I need to get some myself :)

I just bought 2 big mats at True Value. They were 2x3 feet and exactly what I was looking for. They were only about $7.50 each. Not too bad. Thanks for the suggestions though...my guys are so happy now!

Back