Derby - finally a new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmas rabbit

Reaction score
:biggrin:On the weekend we travelled to Vancouver and picked up our new guy. He is a 12 week old male french lop bunny. For 12 weeks old he is very, very large. I think he is going to be as big as Benjamin was. Derby has adjusted well to his new home. He was confined for a total of 2-3 hours in a limited space of 4'x 10' but learned his litter box quickly and started doing mad dashes and bunny binkies around the confined space. We turned him lose in our bedroom, which at present is his new home. He thinks the space is a race track, does bunny binkies and bunny flops all over. He will soon decide that the bed is part of his race track so may have to wear a helmet to bed. He is pretty friendly and is more than happy to be pet, play barbie dolls with the grand kids and will tolerate being picked up for a limited time. I think that with time he too will be a real snuggle bunny.
14853_021516_310000003.jpg

14853_021516_310000002.jpg

14853_021516_310000001.jpg

14853_021516_310000000.jpg

14853_021513_510000000.jpg

How appropriate that the bed is part of his track, and his name is Derby! Was that how you decided on the little shnookums name?

Too cute :) Can't wait to hear more about him. Very happy for you and your family Alma :D

Welcome Derby! What a beautiful bunny he is. Though the pics are a bit distorted, (dang these computers lol) I love his coloring. Beautiful Butterfly.

Wishing you all the luck with your new bun.

K:)

Awww, he's so cute!! Can't wait to see more pictures of him. And you're right, he looks really BIG! More to love :) So good to hear he's settling in well.

After looking at the pictures again, particularly the one with your grandaughter in it, I am shocked at his size. I know you said big, but that is HUGE for 12 weeks! He looks at least as big as Houdini. Any idea on a weight? I'm guessing he looks alost 5 pounds already?

Latest posts

Back