depressed bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1234bunnies777

Reaction score
So im new here but i came because i have a problem that i thought people here could help me with. my poor little bunny died last night her name was clover but i have another bunny who was her sister and they were VERY close i realized resently that clemintine, clovers sister, has not moved and she wont eat the problem is is there is two levels to the cage and she is in the levele that i cannot reach and im worried about her she seems really sad, scared,and depressed. what can i do to help her:(

So sorry to hear about your sweet Clover. As you are grieving so is her sister Clementine. As you say, they were very close, which the article I will post from the RO Library states when bunny's bond, they "bond at the hip" for life. In the article I will post, it says the human becomes secondary to a bonded pair.

She sounds like she's completely lost. You need to help her through this depression, and bunnies do get depressed and when they get depressed they don't eat. As you can see, it just brings on more problems.

Is there any way you can get her into a smaller crate or section of the crate so that you can access her better. You need to spend time with this sweet girl, especially to get her eating again.

I've never experienced this and hope others who are better at the bonding issue with bunnies comes on.

Here's the article. There is more about bunny behavior in the RO Library.

Hoping you can break through to your Clementine. As much as you are grieving for the loss of your bunny, it's 10 fold for Clementine. She's lost her World.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=818&forum_id=1&highlight=bonding

K :(

Sorry for your loss. I, too, have lost a bunny. I have lost Prince. Sweetie, my female lionhead mix, and Prince, purebred netherland dwarf, were a bonded pair. Sweetie was the dominate bun, but she got sick right after Prince died. She had ear mites, grinding her teeth (which I found out that it was from emotional pain), was depressed. She still gets depressed sometimes but I always spend time with her. She just recently started looking at the window where I placed the box with Prince's ashes and she "talks" to him. I also talk to her and let her know that I miss Prince also. It does help the grieving bun if you spend time with them as much as you can.

thank you for your advice I am so sorry for you loss also I have been talking to her and feeding her she seems to be doing a little better because she's eating now but she has lost all of her pizaz that she ussually has

So glad to hear Clementine is back to her ole self. You helped her through that hard time of loss. Good for you and good for Clementine. It must be a relief to see her running around happy again.

K:)

Latest posts

Back