Dental Issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read this post for the 1st time. Beau had4 infected cheek teeth removed 2 weeks ago and seems to be doing OK.We have to go back in2 more weeks for a recheck and I am afraid that I will be charged for that too. I had him to about 3vets around here before i actually travelled to an animal dentist...only the dentist diagnosed the problem correctly. I think that beau will have to have his incisors ground for the rest of his life and I am not even thinking about the cost of that now. It is really really hard when these vets are so expensive and we can't keep up with the cost. I feel for everyone with bunnies with dental problems. Even with the 4 really infected teeth Beau always ate pellets but stopped the hay and veggies. Now he is eating veggies and a little hay ( I think). Seems like a lot of mouth problems with bunnies recently.:(

naturestee wrote:
Please let us know if the vet is on our rabbit savvy vet listings, because I think she should be taken off.:X
I think she should be left on, but with a flag and a notation to see this thread, or a synopsis of this thread included with the listing.

Hope all is well.

sas

VPI is our pet insurance company. Care Credit is a credit card that you can use (like any other credit card as I understand ??) but my use of it would be for vet expenses. You set an amount that you think you will need and choose a vet that you will be seeing and if you're approved, then you can place the costs on the card and paid them off as you can. I think if you pay them off within three months you won't accrue a finance charge.

Oh ok gotcha,

I'm pretty sure they need your phone bill to prove your residency. Also VPI asked me for my primary vet, but also has it in their contract agreement that I can use any vet. CareCredit could be the same.

How is the new vet hunting coming?

Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that I had Care Credit, but got it for ME when I had to go to the dentist last for 3 fillings and one crown. I was approved for a lot,but when I got the first bill they wanted a payment of $94 for only a charge altogether of like $624 or so. I called them and they said it's like a car payment. So, needless to say, I won't be using that again. I thought I would be able to pay like $50 or so a month. Not the case. I guess if you have an emergency on your hands it would be useful. They just don't send you a normal bill like a normal credit card co does. :cool:

I thought I had one in Concord (approx. 20 miles away) ... it turned out that the vet, Dr. Suzanne Lee left that practice and is now located in Alamo (approx. 60 or so miles away). I know I shouldn't place travel time ahead of good care for Harley ...it's just that he doesn't travel well .... By the way, does anyone have anything that they do to help their rabbits stay calm during long trips? I play smooth jazz for Harley ... he has never mentioned if he likes or dislikes it!!! LOL

I found a vet in Albany that specializes in rabbit dentistry ... need to call and ask questions before we enter into another situation ... I don't want a repeat of what we just went through.

I am still dealing with Dr. Adams ... I noticed that there were no"refills" on his Baytrill medication, so I called the office and left a message for her to call it into Script Works. One of her staff called back and left a message stating that Baytrill has a generic name, Enrofloxacin ... no mention of any refills. I left another messagestating that I still needed refills for the Baytrill. I received a message this morning from yet another staff member stating that there were refills through April 2007 ... I had already called Script Works who had initially told me that there "zero" refills on the medication in question. I called them again and they said that they would fax over a request to Dr. Adams office to acquire more refills... what a pain in the caboose!

One thing I did find out ... they (Script Works) can actually make a topical form of Baytrill that I can rub inside of Harley's ear ... no more force feeding him ... even though it smells delicious, he still isn't thrilled at having me syringe it down him. Of course, the ScriptWorks staff has to gain approval from Dr. Adams before they can make it for him ... best of all, it only costs a dollar or two more than the other kind.

Oh, well I guess I am Harley's "DonQuixote." Sometimes it feels like I chasing willmills ....

Joyce

Back