Death in the Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philososaurus

Reaction score
Amelie, a rabbit I've had for 6 months (she was 9 months old), passed away of a heart attack today from an incident involving a dog knocking into her cage.

My friend was bunny sitting for me for a month. Yoshi, my other rabbit who is a year and a half old, was his rabbit once before. My friend wasn't present during the incident (his brother was).

I haven't had to deal with anything along these lines. The two haven't been separated..... ever.... since I got Amelie six months ago. When one goes to the vet, the other goes to the vet (partly because of a broken cage door, but still).

Anyways, how do I address this loss? Does Yoshi realize that Amelie isn't coming back? Further, how can I make Yoshi comfortable again? She, too, was present during the incident.

Should I take Yoshi to the vet or anything?

First, I'm very sorry for your loss.:pray:

Secondly, are you sure it was a heart attack? Poor thing and poor you and Yoshi.

Couple things you can do for Yoshi. Any toy Amelie had you can rub on a toy of Yoshi's and givefor some closure. Rubbing one's scent on another's belongings or bringing new ones in I've heard help alot.:kiss1:

I am so sorry. Crys had a great suggestion with the toy. I would also give Yoshi some extra attention and keep an eye on her. I think she will be upset to Amelie being gone.

I am so sorry. Crys had a great suggestion with the toy. I would also give Yoshi some extra attention and keep an eye on her. I think she will be upset to Amelie being gone.

Latest posts

Back