Death after spaying?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am starting to believe that it is worth necropolises on bunnies. I, too would be relieved in knowing that Ihad done nothing wrong. Looks likenesses was right on with heart and liver problems. It is a terrible loss but your bunny needed to be spayed..there is absolutely nothing that could have been done differently. It is still very sad because it was unexpected and because you loved her and wanted the best for her.:hug:

I cried a lot because I loved her and she loved me. I got another bunny because I would just be too lonely without one. I know she won't be the same, but at least I will some companionship. She is turning out to be really nice. She is helping me to get over my last bunny.

My first rabbit Stephie died just after her spay. The vet said it was a reaction to the anesthetic. The vet said it was the first one he lost in 3 years and he is one of the top exotic vets on the east coast. I still plan to get Dante� and Ziggy altered in the near future. It's gotta be done. Stephie did have problems with parasites before the spay, but the vet said shouldn't have had anything to do with that. I tend to blame it more on the fact that she was a bunny mill pet store bunny.

Sometimes I thinks Stephie's spirit is with me in Dant� because he hasa lot of the same habits that she had, and the same loving personality.I think you did the right thing in getting another bunny.

Back