Deal with pet death.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitWolf

Reaction score
How do you deal with pet deaths.When i got home from Greece my grandma told me that Kinah (My heart hamster) got out shortly after we left. I knew she was dead and started crying my eyes out. I didnt get a wink of sleep that night. Then in the morning my mom told me she found Kinahs body yesterday. So last night I couldnt fall asleep and was crying my eyes out. I finaaly got to sleep at 2:15 and woke up at 6:40.

What do you do when a pet dies. Every time I think of a nice memory of Kinah I cry. Ugh I am getting teary again.

You may find this thread helpful - it is on dealing with grief over a pet's death:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=16988&forum_id=27

People all deal with things like this differently - some need to talk a lot about the pet- others don't want to talk about them at all. Some surround themselves with pictures - others find them too painful to look at.

You'll figure out what works best for you - and I'm sorry for your loss.

i haven't lost a 'important' pet since i was four. i've had hamsters and fish die, but i wasn't that attached, if you know what i mean. any way...............

:angelandbunny:Kinah:angelandbunny:

:rip:

BIG ((((((((((HUG))))))))))

Thanks, I was really atrtached to Kinah since I played with her when she was a baby (My other hamster had a litter)

It takes time. You're going to hurt, but little by little, you'll feel a little better. As TinysMom said, you'll find what works for you, but even then, it'll still hurt.
Eventualy though, you will feel better and you'll be able to think about the happy memories you have, and they will make you smile.

In the meanwhile, hugs to you....

I have never ever lost a pet EVER ... i'm scared about it :(

One thing that I found helps me is getti g another pet soon. I dont mean the day it dies but a few days after. Today I moved one of the hamsters (Who I am calling Lucky) into Kinahs old cage. I am getting teary again.

Latest posts

Back