Deaf rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnoliaDee

Reaction score
Have any of you had a deaf rabbit? Jacub (my lop) was deaf. We figured it out shortly after brining him home (he was a rescue). No loud noisesphased him... which was good. But it was also not good, b/c he could easily be startled too... as he didn't hear you coming.

I've heard this isn't uncommon among lops. Just wondering if anyone else had/has a deaf bunny?

i have never had one, although we sometimes wonder if winnie has problems hearing.

she doesn't resond so much to noise, only movement. . .

but that could be she just doesn't want to listen, she is rather headstrong

My Tupper is deaf. The vet told me that it was possibly due to him having an infection when he was younger, and wasn't treated soon enough (before I got him). He is a happy bunny though. He loves to be petted and cuddled..only when he wants to...and since he is an only bunny child, he gets lots of attention from us. Sometimes I think about getting him a friend, but I wonder if bunnies can communicate to each other if one is deaf. I don't know if that would make Tupper upset to have another bunny. :?

Honestly, Jacub was bonded to both my girls Lego and Frodo (seperately), and he loved it. His being deaf did not change his desire to have a mate. So if Tupper is the type to enjoy some bunny company then I say go for it, if you're able and willing. They can love us, but we just can't be there for them in the way a mate can.

btw... Tupper is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Thank you! Yeah, my husband and I have been talking about getting him a mate. We are going to wait a couple of months, since he just got fixed, so his hormones get out of his system.

Not to be a bragging mommy, but I agree, Tupper is quite the handsome fellow. Problem is I think he knows it! He is always posing, and he looks so precious when begging, I usually give in!! LOL I have to admit, he has me wrapped around his little paw! :inlove:

lovebunnyok wrote:
Thank you! Yeah, my husband and I have been talking about getting him a mate. We are going to wait a couple of months, since he just got fixed, so his hormones get out of his system.

Not to be a bragging mommy, but I agree, Tupper is quite the handsome fellow. Problem is I think he knows it! He is always posing, and he looks so precious when begging, I usually give in!! LOL I have to admit, he has me wrapped around his little paw! :inlove:

Wrapped around his paw is EXACTLY where you're supposed to be!!! :D

Latest posts

Back