Dead bunny flop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandoliver

Reaction score
Oliver is laying on his side in his cage i figured it was the dead bunny flop.. and when I went over there he didn't move so I pet him and he just rolled back onto his tummy with his head still down and looked at me and let me pet him then when I went away he flopped back over. He's munching on hay now so I guess he's okay... Is he just really comfortable with me or something? He scared me. :/

Yup, he's comfortable with you! Those dead bunny flops do look really "dead" sometimes, huh?!:)

Mhm, it can look super scary at times. Especially when you go to pet them and they dont move!

Bugsy does this and it freaks me out lol. He just opens his eyes and then closes them again when I start to pet him.

Qtip flops several times a day. Periodically, if her flop looks too dead, I've been known to call out "FLOPS!" and she'll look up, perk her ears, and then go back to sleep. It would drive my partner crazy when we were on the phone and I'd just randomly go "FLOPS!" but then after a few flops at her house, she does it too! Oh, what they have to put up with from their humans...

Nancy McClelland wrote:
Nikki, our avatar is the world champ of DBF's.

She looks like full on rigor mortis has set in! If I saw my rabbit like that, I would absolutely freak out. I love a good DBF :D

We never worried too much about Nikki as we we're already trained to check for breathing by Ted--he was very old and would sleep about 21 hours a day and only got up for food and treats--he was very active when he was out of his hutch though.

Latest posts

Back