day 28 and off pellets and water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamela

Reaction score
misty has not had pellets for 2 days now we have been to vets and has a hairball remedy her poo is stringy she will not drink water and we are sryinging pineapple juice but today she has been reluctant to take it she is eating dandelions cabbage carrot any suggestions

pam

Is she 28 days old or 28 days from when you bred her? If she's about to kindle, did the vet check for problems related to that? She might have problems from the kits that are causing pain and preventing her from eating.

Did your vet check her teeth? Molar spurs are a possible cause. Sometimes they're hard to see without anesthetizing the rabbit for a full tooth exam. I don't know if that's possible for her at the moment.

It's good that she's at least eating something. That should keep her GI tract moving. What are are poops like?Are they small and hard, or very soft, or is there mucous?

I'dcut backon the pineapple juice because it is very sugary and could cause a bacterial imbalance. You can mix a little with water to make it taste good. Have you tried syringing plain warm water or flavored Pedialyte? My buns like the apple flavored stuff, and it has much less sugar than pineapple juice.

How's her temperature? She may feel more comfortable if you give her something warm, like a snuggle safe or a heated rice-filled sock.

28 days from when she was bred

the vet checked her all over her teeth are ok

last time she had babies she went off her food

poops are hard and small and have fur in them vet said this sometimes happens in does about to kindle

temp is ok

will try sryinging warm water we only have diaoralyte here not pedialyte

would a heat pad be ok?
she dosent show any signs that she is in pain

She did this last time too? A heat pad would work as long as you stay and watch to make sure she doesn't nibble it. Make sure she has the space to get off of it too, if she gets too warm.

Are you feeding her hay? If not, you could see if that will help push the hair through her system. Has she already made a nest? Maybe she swallows a lot of hair when she nests?

Is her stomach hard and extended more than normal? Is she pressing her belly to the floor or sitting up very straight?These are signs of gas. I'm not sure if you can give simethicone to pregnant buns, so you'd have to call your vet and ask.

I'm not an expert and I really don't know much about pregnant buns. I'm throwing out possibilities to see if they help.:)

Idon't knowif you've already considered this, but if she has recurring health problems from pregnancy you might not want to breed her again.

she is eating hay

my daughter thinks that she done it last time but we did not know she was pregnant last time

she has made a nest but only pulled a little fur at the moment last time she pulled fur 1 hour before kindling

her stomach is not hard she is sitting and lying normal

Back