Dark Pee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trina

Reaction score
For the past few weeks, Emmy has been urinating dark pee. It has a color of brown-ish tint to orange. I've been filling and changing her water bottle this whole week, but I don't think there's any change. Katy told me that it's because of oxidation, but for me, it's safe than sorry.

I think that bunny urine can be dark sometimes. I think it can be caused by something the bun ate, but you may want to wait for a more experienced person for insight. Someone will jump in here.

My last bun used to pee red. :shock:

The bun I had when I was a little girl peed dark brown too.

I think it can indicate a problem sometimes, but not usually. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Perfectly fine. The only cause for concern is if there was clots of blood in it or strings of blood. The dark colour depends on what you are feeeding her. If she gets vegetables, it could be the colour pigments in it turning the urine a different colour. The urine can range to white/creamy to dark red. Also, is she drinking less? This might be the reason as well.

It's fine. Like Spring said, it's from normal plant pigments. I've also noticed that Mocha's pee oxidizes and turns dark after a while. I only notice on her because she's the only one that still pees outside the litterbox.:?

Latest posts

Back