Dandruff?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usarocks95135

Reaction score
I have an idoors bunny and he's nevr been outdoors. He's 1 now and this is his first summer and he seems to have a tiny bit of danruff on his ears ( the outside ). I checked for fleas/mites/etc and he's really healthy and all. Am I just being paranoid? He just has a tiny bit, barely visible at all but i notice it. I googled this too and it says it usually comes with loose fur, injuries. But i tried gently scratching his ears and no fur fell off. Also he is my one and only furry animal ( I have a fishes as well) so he has no one to fight with. Thanks everyone!:bunny19

There are some types of mange that will give animals flaky skin at the eartips. I am unsure if rabbits can get them though. Is he itchy at all? To hint if its mange at the vet we would rub one ear tip together and if the dog started scratching it was a sign. A skin scraping would be able to give a more definitive answer

Oh yeah btw he's a dwarf lionhead. I just checked him again and now I can't find any. I think maybe the dandruff may be from my cousin hugging him the other day cuz my cousin has TONS of dandruff.

Back