Dandelion Rabbit Stud

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flopsyrabbit

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am planning to get a rabbit with in the next six months or so and since our local and surrounding shelters do not have any rabbits I have had to resort to a breeder. I have found the Dandelion Rabbit Stud if you have got a rabbit from there or you know someone who does please tell me what they/you thought.

OR: Can you tell me any good rabbit breeders in NSW.

Thanks alot

Flopsyrabbit

I'm sorry to hear there are no shelters there that have rabbits, but I'm sure Dandelion or some other place will provide you with a wonderful rabbit.

Is it hard to find rabbits in AU? Are there legal ramifications for the pets? As I understand it, you can't vaccinate them for fear they get lost and breed with the wild rabbits?

I find it very interesting how different countries view rabbits so differently. Heck, even in the US it can depend on where in the country.

Flopsyrabbit wrote:
Hey everyone,
I am planning to get a rabbit with in the next six months or so and since our local and surrounding shelters do not have any rabbits I have had to resort to a breeder. I have found the Dandelion Rabbit Stud if you have got a rabbit from there or you know someone who does please tell me what they/you thought.

OR: Can you tell me any good rabbit breeders in NSW.

Thanks alot

Flopsyrabbit
Try looking on facebook for sun shinebunnies. Depending on where you are she helped me get my bun and I am 6 hours away she knows a fair few breeders and is a breeder herself. I put in a couple of quries in to Dandelion and never heard anything back from them. If you need more help PM me and I should be able to work something out for you.

Cheers
Rach

Thanks.

Minilophop, yes in Queensland they are not allowed rabbits (only if you are a magician) because they are a lot of wild rabbits (I MEAN A LOT) that carry diseases that kill our animals and wildlife.:( So having a rabbit can make the population increase. No it is not hard to find rabbits in Australia they are in basically every pet store and they are a lot of breeders and a few shelters as well. No they are not a lot of legal ramifications that I know of I know that you have to pay a fine when you register a dog that is not DE sexed( spayed or neutered) it is about $150. I am not sure about anything else.

I hope you find this information usefull.

Flopsyrabbit

Hi, I was going to go through Dandelion Stud...
I think her name is Kristy or Kirsty.
She responded to all my emails and enquiries and she kept me on a waiting list until I informed her that I already bought a bunny.

Her bunnies are extremely cute but I dont think it's possible for a bunny to be ugly anyways...

But she is quite professional from what I know...
Her bunnies come with papers on request and she sells them internationally I'm pretty sure.

I'll come back on here in a second to post links of other NSW breeders. I'm from adelaide So it took me really long to find a good breeder as most of them are in NSW and or Vic

Wishing you all the luck finding your new bunny. Smaller breeds are sweet. We picked a smaller breed because, like you, limited space.

K

Oh cute! I have 2 mini lops and 1 cashmere mini lop.
and they're so gorgeous! Good Luck with your find!
It would be so wonderful if you found a bunny from
a shelter.

You could even try looking at Gumtree giveaways...
People seem to always be getting rid of their kids
christmas prezzie bunnies and what not... :(

So true. Between Christmas and Easter, you can find lots of bunnies that were thought to be something they are not. Very upsetting. For all parties.

K

Yeah I was looking on gumtree but I did find a few rabbits its just hard to know because they (may) claim that they are friendly but their not they just want to get rid of them because of there aggresive-ness:(:(:(:(

But I am looking around the ones I have found in the shelters. They don't know what breed they are there for I am unable to know how big they will get.

Yes looking forward to getting a bunny soon though i say I don't think it will be until the next 6 months or so since my dog is VERY sick and is only 1 year old:(:(:(

Thanks for all the help

Well I just was a bit upset at the moment because:

Everytime I go to the shopping centre I go to the pet store to have a look at the rabbits. Anyway there was such a cute black rabbit. The rabbit was 7 weeks old, kept in a small enclosure, some ventilation, underneath screeching birds and had what looked like pine shavings as the bedding!:X:X:X:X:X:X:X

Then a lady and her daughter cam in and bought the rabbit with no clue what to feed the rabbit! The really dumb pet store employee said that rabbits don't need hay and that they should have lucerene hay(equivilent to alafa hay in austra) pellets for the rest of their lives! And he also said that the rabbits can start having vegies now.

I was so appaled at that:X:X:X:X:X

Poor bunny....

I hope he is ok

Hmm, mini lops shouldn't really be aggressive and especially not the boys (What I've been told)
But I suppose if a bunny has been treated
badly enough it could change it's attitude.

I hope you find a bunny at a shelter that
needs a loving home. I don't think we
have any in South Australia or I'd probably
volunteer every weekend :)

People like that really frustrate me... Like
not so much the people compared to the Pet store
people since they're really just acting like they're
selling nothing...and people are just being talked
into it as if it's really nothing and everything
is easy... hmmm.
Maybe if they give their baby bunny veggies
it will get a bit of a tummy ache and they'll