damp spot under nose on our mini rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vona

Reaction score
we just got Booster our mini rex about 2 days ago i dont think i looked at him much the first day because i didnt want to make him nervous, but yesterday i noticed under his nose is a little wet. everything else seems normal not acting different normal poops and has been eating his pellets and hay as well as drinking his water. do we have anything to worry about? thanks for reading, please help me out... -Vona

sometimes this happens to Q. with her, there's no discharge or anything, so I chalk it up to her long tongue when she's grooming herself. If it's snotty or something, it may be something to worry about, though.

has he been outside, by chance? I freaked out a little once because Gaz's nostrils were VERY damp (Nala's weren't) only to figure out that the grass was a little damp and she'd been sniffing around in it, lol.

you can try wiping his nose clean/dry if he'll let you to see if it comes back... also, check the insides of his wrists - bunnies use their wrists as kleenex, so that's a good indication of whether there's any discharge from his nose.

I'd keep an eye on it, but don't panic. Scone used to have a wet spot on his nose, it came and went throughout his life and there was nothing to it. Sometimes Natasha does, too. It may be a mini-Rex thing.

Unless Booster starts sneezing a lot, I wouldn't worry about it.

it doesnt seem like discharge im leaning more towards its his tongue when he grooms, i see his tongue going quite often lol im going to check his wrists later when i get home but ill definetly keep an eye on it....thank you all for you input :)

I agree, it might also be from the water dish. Gary is also a mini rex and he sticks practically his whole face in the water when he gets a drink. He tends to splash around in the water with his front paws too.

As long as the breath isn't rattly and it's not a snotty discharge I would just keep an eye on it.

it doesnt seem like discharge just wet the water bowl could have been the culprit actually we just switched him over to a water bottle though... it just seemed different to me as ive never seen this on Pepper my holland lop. i thought maybe because his fur is totally different than hers maybe the water sticks?

Lilly had a wet nose every once in a while, but it was always clear and seemed to only happen when she was stressed out over something. When it happened to her I was a little freaked out so I googled it and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it could happen when they are stressed too. Of course it could be something else but I thought I would share my experience.

I would definitely keep an eye on it though :) Good luck with your new bun!

thank you! makes sense now, we noticed it the second day he was with us and im sure he was stressed being in a new place. its dry now and im still keeping an eye on it though :)

MikeScone wrote:
I'd keep an eye on it, but don't panic. Scone used to have a wet spot on his nose, it came and went throughout his life and there was nothing to it. Sometimes Natasha does, too. It may be a mini-Rex thing.

Unless Booster starts sneezing a lot, I wouldn't worry about it.

:yeahthat: Ripley too has an on and off clear discharge coming from his nose.

Latest posts

Back