Daisy isn't eating as much. :/

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandoliver

Reaction score
Daisy isn't eating as much as she use to. I don't know the exact amount I give her, its not too much but the same amount the previous owners would give her. If I wanted to find out the exact amount I'd have to measure. But the point is she use to eat it all within a 12 hour radius and now she still has almost half of it left when I go to give her new food the next day. I don't know if she is just going through a stage? She is still drinking fine, eating good amount of hay, and pooing/peeing fine. She does have vitamins though. Shes a Netherland Dwarf and just turned 6 this summer. Do you all think she will be okay?

As ours aged, they did slow down on some of the things you mention. Nikki and Bambi will take about 3 days to eat their pellets, whereas Finn would be a 30 pound mini if he got all he wanted. Some of ours really slowed down after 6 and some like Coal only after she hit 13. As long as she is happy and healthy and not lethargic or tooth grinding in pain, I wouldn't worry too much. Just monitor her behavior.

As long as she's still eating a lot of hay, then she's probably ok. The hay is good for her to be eating too if she is experiencing any tummy upset.

Back