Daisy failed at potty training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootingstar

Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry i haven't been online for a couple of months.. anyways I changed the cage's floor of Daisy's Cage from the metalic fence used for breeding I don't have the name for it right now to wood. I decided to change it because her feet were suffering and she was loosing many fingernails, anyways for all her life she's used to pee/poop randomly because it felt in the plants(it's an outdoor cage) but now since it's wood I left a small area without wood so she could do her necessities but she is not using it and so i tried to potty trained her using a litter box but she fails to do so. what should I do? also she's not eating that much, i think she'sa little depress with the changes going on :(

What does her normal diet consist of and have you introduced anything new or different? Can you entice her with her favorite veggies?

As for the litter box training, vinegar water is your friend. Is the wood sealed so the urine can't soak in? You need to have a bottom that won't absorb the odor because if it does the whole cage will smell like a potty to her.

Clean the cage out with vinegar water to help neutralize the urine odor. Put dirty litter in the litter box.

--Dawn

Put her soiled litter in the littler tray and put that where she uses the toilet and see if that helps. My rabbit uses a tray but also goes in his bed and does it so i'm having the same type of problem at the moment

Latest posts

Back