Dairy free bread recipes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
I know some of our members can't have dairy (I can only if I take medication with it). Is anyone interested in some dairy free homemade bread recipes? If so I will find my collection and post them. Like today I am making an almost fat free Maple Oat bread that is ohhh so yummy.

I would! I'm vegan, and it is so hard to find a good bread that isn't expensive without eggs, milk or honey.

Do you're recipes have eggs in them? If so, that's fine. I can experiment with egg replacers to make them vegan :)

This recipe doesnt use eggs, milk or honey. It does have maple syrup. If you can afford the pricier organic REAL syrup it does work best, but you can also use a cheap brand if that is what is on hand or in the budget.

Maple Oatmeal Bread

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 Pkg Active Dry Yeast -- 2 1/4 tsp
1 C Oats -- quick-cooking
3 C Bread Flour
1 Tsp Salt
1/3 C Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Apple sauce
1 1/4 C Warm Water -- + 1 T

Put the ingredients in the bread machine in this order and set it for a 2 lb loaf, white bread, light crust. This is soooo yummy. We eat it plain, with homemade apple butter, with soybutter or the kids like cream cheese on it. And it smells heavenly when baking.

Garlic Herbed Bread

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 teaspoons Active dry yeast
3 cups Bread flour
3 tablespoons Wheat germ
3 tablespoons Wheat bran
1 3/4 teaspoons Salt
2 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
2 Garlic cloves -- minced
3 tablespoons Chopped fresh parsley
1 1/4 cups Water

Apple Cinnamon Bread

1 cup water
5 tablespoons Apple juice concentrate,frozen
1/2 cup Applesauce
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 1/3 tablespoons Brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups Whole Wheat flour
3 tablespoons Vital gluten
2 cups Flour -- bread
2 teaspoons Yeast

Before I forget all of these recipes you will notice do not have "cooking directions". Please look at the book for your bread machine. Each machine is different and wants the ingredients in a specific order. Mine is yeast, dry ingredients, then liquid, but my mom's has a different order so please follow ones for your machine.

Bran Bread

1 1/4 cups Water
2 tablespoons Packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons Molasses
2 tablespoons Soy Butter melted
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
3 1/4 cups Flour
1 cup Natural bran
1 1/2 teaspoons Quick rising yeast or
1 1/4 teaspoons Bread machine yeast

There are a few of the ones I could find right away. Most are recipes I have adapted off of other recipes. I buy yeast in bulk (5 lbs) put it in mason jars and cover tight and store in a dark cool place. Also I have found some recipes that call for liquid milk you can use either unflavored rice or soy milk. But you may have to play around a bit with it. So far I have found no good substitute for recipes that call for powdered dry milk :(

Well I guess my kids think so....they polished off the whole loaf of Maple oat on me. They like strawberry cream cheese. Guess I make more tomorrow ROFL. I'm not mad at them though cause it is healthy for them and they are growing teenaged boys. And sooo skinny that it won't hurt them (18y/o is 6'3" and 140lbs)

Yummy! Those all sound soo good! Thanks :)

We haven't used out bread maker in ages. When I get home, I'm going to try making them all. Garlic Herb Bread :drool: I have a feeling I'll be making that a lot :)

I love my bread machine and my crockpot....nice thing is I can set a whole meal up and then go teach the kids and go to work and dinner is ready when I get home.

I love them too, but during the school year I'm usually too busy to set them up in the morning, and during the summer it's too hot :(

I've decided this year sunday is "make yummy breads and soup day" haha

Grr, eight more days till I'm home and can make that garlic and herb bread! Oh and the cinamin apple bread. Say "hello" to the five pounds I'm going to gain when I eat both loaves in a day :p

Latest posts

Back