Dads building a hutch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbunny

Reaction score
As I type, Dad is outside building a hutch for some of the bunnies :) He got this kind of electronic saw thing for Christmas, it's like his toy and he wanted to test it out so he said he would build a hutch for me. So far, it is looking pretty good, but I have no idea what it will look like when finished, since he is refusing to spend money on any materials and just reusing what he can find around our shed and garden, plus I think some strong wire from a neighbour.

Length wise, it's going to be about 5 or 6ft, and width wise I think about 3ft. Not exactly sure yet. It has a sleeping area, with a small run off the front of it. It's going to be kind of like Thumpers.

I will post some pictures when he is done for today. Can't wait till it is done!

ahh Grace, im jealous-lol...sounds like it'll be nice..cant wait to see some pictures..especially pictures of when its all done with happy bun(s) inside..what lucky bun gets this hutch??or are they good at sharing? :D

pOker wrote:
ahh Grace, im jealous-lol...sounds like it'll be nice..cant wait to see some pictures..especially pictures of when its all done with happy bun(s) inside..what lucky bun gets this hutch??or are they good at sharing? :D
Haha I hope it will look nice and not ''thrown together'' :p
Hopefully Princess and Ebony will share, with lots of time outside their hutch of course. If not, I have another indoor type cage that I ordered on the way.

We have a lot of it built now, the sleeping compartment is put together but we have to put a roof on it. The frame of the run area is almost finished. He decided to spend money on wire for the run ha ha so we are in town now and about to go to the farm supply to get that. Should be down by the new year :) i'll try get some pictures of the progress so far when i get good

Ok just looked at the last post, I wrote it on my phone and am just seeing the mistake in the words :p

I took some pictures of the hutch just now, I almost don't want to show you these pictures, because it's not as good as it will be when it's done. I'll show you anyway :)

m8e2ox.jpg

1zguys5.jpg

You can probably see the work that needs to be finished on it, the frame of the run needs to be finished, then sanded and painted, just on the outside and then the wire put on. Also the top of the sleeping compartment has to be made and put on. The top of the sleeping compartment will be a door, and there will be a door on the side of the run too.

Oh Grace, I'm so jealous it looks really good, Too bad we don't even have a tool box Ha Ha! I wish I could make hutches like that Grr!

Yup I got some new pics :)
It is coming along nicely, I'm surprised considering he just used scrap wood!

s2glsi.jpg

121yd7b.jpg

Side door

5n5b1h.jpg

Door into sleeping compartment

21ae2k5.jpg

Well we aren't putting legs on it so when it is outdoors in the Summer they will be able to get at the grass :) It will be inside the shed the rest of the year

just would sa put some wire on the bottom so they cant dig out and predators cant get in that way, looks realy good though

Latest posts

Back