Cut or something on Belle's foot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
I was just making my rounds and giving everyone their pellets and i went into Belles cage and i saw blood on the coroplast. I took her out and tried to find the source of the blood, it wasnt a ton of blood but any blood to me is no good,lol. So i found a small, probably about the size of my pinky nail , round sore type of thing on her back foot the hair was missing from it of course . So i took a warm wet paper towel and wiped her foot and all the other places that had blood and wiped it off. It wasnt oozing or anything still, so i put some triple antibiotice, neosporin type on it and then put her back in the cage , wiped the blood and am waiting to see if i see any more.

Her cage is all coroplast bottom, and for the last two months she hasnt had her pen to run in because we have been having problems with her peeing outside the cage so she is on punishment,lol!!!!!!!!

So what should i watch out for? when should she go to the vet? should i start doing this :panic:now or later?

Your description gives me the feeling it might bea papilloma....basically a wart. May be wrong....but we have had rabbits with them before. If this is the case, the wart itself isn't usually a problem (we do a biopsy just in case) but they have a nasty habit of getting split open which leads to the possibility of infection. If this is the case, removal is quite simple and can be done quickly ina clinic.

Randy

Is there something i can do in the mean time to make sure that it heals and doesnt split open on me? Keep putting the antibiotic ointment on it? or should i just leave it alone and not touch it?

that is what i was thinking Claire, keep it clean and the medicne on it to make sure nothing gets in it and it becomes worse,lol.

Latest posts

Back