cut bunnies skin what to do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massie777

Reaction score
i have a male fuzzy lop and it gets pretty hot out so i usually cut his fur short. well today i cut too short and cut his skin. it isn't bleeding but it is like i cut the first layer of his skin and i can see is veins. it is a very small cut and i was wondering what i should do? if there is something i can put on it to help it heal? please help me this has never happened before and i don't want anything bad to happen to him.

thanks
mandy

You can see the veins but it isn't bleeding? I'm confused.

Can you take him to the vet?

Cuts, even small ones, can get nasty fast. I'd go to the vet to be sure it's okay.

Glue it back together with "new skin". If you have any further problems or your rabbit starts to chew at it, contact me ASAP at [email protected]

If it is a very small cut that doesn't require gluing back together, just apply a very small amount of antibiotic ointment.

Cuts on wooled breeds aren't uncommon. They generally don't require a vet visit unless the rabbit starts to chew at the area.

Pam

Back