Curious: how ofen do you clean litterbox(s)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you clean buns litterboxes

• 1. Every other day

• 2. Twice per week

• 3. Once a week

• 4. As needed

• 5. Every day

• 6. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Only two of my buns are litter trained. I clean their litterboxes twice a week. As for my girls, I spot-clean Kody's cage almost every day. I clean Gopher's cage once a week.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Gosh I clean 5 litter boxes once a day. I scoopout the soiled litter every morning. Fill their hay. At night/evening I empty out the poos on the screens and give more hay as needed.

I use to do it twice daily.

I'm use to worry about smell, their is nothing worse then going into someones house where all you can smell is their cat litter boxes, bunny littter boxes...:shock:

I have asked everyone who comes into my house/apartment if they smell any thing which they don't so that is why I now only change litter once a day.:biggrin:

Susan:litterhealthy::litterempty:

I would LOVE to see a better pickture of your litter boxes, what type of screen do you have? I am trying to switch over to pellet litter but it's driving me crazy because I can't scoop out the poop.

I said twice a week, but actually my bonded pairs box gets done every other day and the singles boxes get done every 4 days. I use wood pellets with a grate (fluorescent light grating aka "egg crate") over it. Hay goes on top of the grate.

I have 3 litter boxes and 1 one them needs to be cleaned out twice a day because he does almost all of his peeing and pooping in there. That one I'll clean out the wet spots and poops twice a day and do a complete change maybe every 4-5 days. The other 2 boxes, I basically just pick out the poops and sometimes a wet spot and will clean those out every week or so.

Latest posts

Back