Curious behavior - meaning?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomWiktor

Critter Keeper
Reaction score
Thanator, the little stray bunny I placed with my boyfriend, is displaying weird behaviors towards me all of the sudden. I visit him almost every day, and recently when I hold him, he is doing two things: chewing excessively on my clothing, and furiously "digging" at my stomach and chest. He does not do this to Steve; when Steve sits down with him, he climbs up onto his shoulder and nestles between his shoulder and chin, then generally falls asleep. So, what does this behavior mean? Is it territorial? Aggressive? Sexual? Something else altogether?

Pipp does this when something is bothering her (molt, molar spurs) or she's bored and restless, but it's in a 'keeping busy' manner more so than 'acting out'.

Although she has short bursts of such activity when she is definitely acting out. But she'll also do it on my lap for quite awhile without malice.

Thanator could be bonded to Steve and you're the third wheel and he's a bit edgier to you. Lot of stories re: rabbits not reacting well to the two-legged mates. Sometimes jealous rabbits pee on their side of the bed, bite toes or otherwise harass. ;)

sas :bunnydance:

What is the digging behaviour?! I have the same problem with my male bun (fixed - sprayed me prior to getting fixed) think its a behaviour of saying your mine?...

My bunand I have a good relationship but he loves to "dig" at me when I'm sleeping - and have never figured out what it is that he's trying to say or prostrate?

Let me know if you figure it out..

They're just keeping busy. Sometimes you feel like keeping busy because you're full of beans, you need to take your mind off your molt, you're looking to make some changes, take on a project, whatever.

Instinct!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycQIiA7dnKQ]Howard's Big Dig[/ame]

Back