CupCake is freaking out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLover

Reaction score
This morning when I went downstairs to feed mybunnies I found CupCake jumping at every sound that I made. She wasobviously very scared of something and the way she was acting I thoughtsomething attacked her. Once I started petting her and talking to hershe seemed to calm down a little, but then my sister started pushingher doll stroller on the wood floor and CupCake freaked out again. ThenI had to calm her down all over again. I just checked on her again andshe was doing fine then my sister came downstairs and she went crazyagain. Why is she doing that and what can I do to help her? I'm scaredthat there is something wrong with her.

Please Help!

Lissa

Maybe your sisterwent down and spent some time with Cupcake when no one was around tosupervise her. :?She might have hurt or frightened herunintentionally and it may take some time for her to regain some trust.Just a thought...I hope that didn't come out wrong...I haveto correct my 19 year old sometimes, still, on how to do stuff withSebastian!

That and babies go through a really jumpy phasewhere every new noise is terrifying. It's hard topredict whatwill set them off. Mine had a thing about bags rustling and sounds offootsteps for awhile.

Rose

Bunnylover,

I find bunnies to have very sensitive hearing. When I had my firstdwarf rabbit in my houseshe was terrified almost everydaycause I have four youngbrothers and you won't believe thenoise they make:pI eventually brang her to the basement wherethere was peace and quiet and she neveractedallscared again. I remember when my brotherdropped one of his toys once andour bunny would look soscared...her eyes would be popping out:shock: and she would be jumpingand hiding her face in the corner of the cage.Rabbits justhave very sensitive hearing....and also I think they hear things morelouder than usual because there ears are so much larger than humanears.:DAlso I think the sound of yoursister pushingthe buggy around freaked out cupcake because maybe it sounded like thegrowl of a predator to her. So I think if you give her just a littlepeace and quite for a little bit she'll feel just fineagain.:)Well let us kno how itgoes. Good Luck withyour bunny!

Cassandra

It is very likely that my sister went downstairsand was rough with her, but she'll never tell me if she did. She tendsto treat her like a dog and won't even take anyone's advice on how topet her nicely or to be quiet around her:X. I havemybunniesin the basement because I thought that itwould be quieter for them, butthe disadvantage isInever know who is down there with them and if they are treating themthe way they should:?. She is not a baby, but it could be the weirdnoise set her off. How long before she is ok and isn't so jumpy?

I'm holding her now and she appears to be fine (except for some heavybreathing sometimes) she is even purring a little:). But I have onequestion: Why is she all right when I come downstairs, talk to her, andpet her nowbut she gets jumpy if anyone else does?

Lissa

Lissa,

She just feels more comterable when your around:)Cupcakeknows that your the one that looks after herand pets her allthe time which makes her relaxed and feel better. Cupcake knows thatyou love her...animals sence when there is good and bad. It willprobably take a couple of days for her to calm down. The noise justfreaked her out a bit. Just spend lots of time with her everyday andshe will feel much better. Your a good bunny mom:DI can tellfrom the way your bunny calms down and feels safewhen youraround.

:DCassandra:D

BunnyLover wrote:
But I have one question: Why is she all right whenI come downstairs, talk to her, and pet her nowbut she getsjumpy if anyone else does?

Lissa

Cause you're the lady with the FOOD! hehe

anybody with food rates high in the bunny system...

Rose

rabbitgirl wrote:
BunnyLover wrote:
But I have one question: Why is she all right whenI come downstairs, talk to her, and pet her nowbut she getsjumpy if anyone else does?

Lissa

Cause you're the lady with the FOOD! hehe

anybody with food rates high in the bunny system...

Rose
TOTALLY AGREE!!!! ITS SOOOO TRUE!!!! HEHEH LOL:D

Cassandra

I just wanted to let you guys know that CupCake is 100% herself again:D! You guys are right... I'm the Food Lady!

Lissa

Back