Cupcake is a terrorist!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happatk

Reaction score
I love her to death, I really do, but Cupcake has been driving me up the wall. It turns out that her real personality is that of a little rebel and explorer. On her blog, I wrote about how she escaped from her cage while my friend was babysitting her.... however, I got to see her in action this morning and I can't believe what I saw.

It started with her jumping out of her cage. Then she started running and binkying around her playpen area, which was cute until she took a running start and leaped over her fence and landed under my computer desk where all of my wires are, gahh!

After doubling up her fence to make it taller and tricking her back into her cage, I'm now listening to her seize the nic panels with her teeth, lift them up, and drop them again. She's obviously trying to escape. I've no idea why she's decided to turn on me all of a sudden, but I don't know what to do with her now. : (

Is it possible to train her to stop this kind of behavior?!?

Not that I know if it can be corrected, the behavior that is, but how old is she? Does she have lots to play with in the cage? We have found a few rabbits, if they get bored, will try to get out and play around, cause they think its funny to see us try and get them back in the cage. We have corrected it most of the time with adding more toys, boxes, play things in the cage to keep them happy in their own cage spots!

Rather than trying to fight it, embrace the impish Dwarf Hotot personality ;)

She's obviously going to need a lot of attention and mental stimulation, so you've got your work cut out for you! You might try putting hayracks where she's grabbing the cage or hanging some toys/bells aroung the cage. Many rabbits like to throw empty tuna cans around, or push a plastic bottle full of rocks. Paper towel tubes stuffed with hay are also a fun toy.

Pam

I've given her a huge tub of toys, as well as a box full of digging material and a fun pillow that she can take apart... for some reason, she doesn't seem to care for those things anymore. I let her run around her new, improved play area and she struggled to escape until she exhausted herself. I hope she's just trying to escape for fun, and not because she hates me. I'll try to find some more toys for her.

Ah, spoiled bunny.

Bunnies who find escape fun need special attention. Tony is like this. I have put up some nice big chunks of wood for him to chew on in the places he tries to get out. Tunnels are good--I got some from the hardware store with 8 or 12 inch diameters, 4 feet longish. They're made for pouring concrete pillars.

Dillan is an excape artist. I gets me so frustrated when I find her in with the guinea pigs because they are still settling in. I just let her out. She loves to run so that is what I let her do. *shrugs*

It's weird, but she's calmed down a lot since this morning. Maybe it was just a phase. Whew, I'm so glad that's over. I'm not sure I could've kept up with her craziness, lol. I will look into getting her some special toys like tonyshuman suggested, though. I don't want a repeat of this morning. -_-*

:yeahthat: for this reason I lock up Tony at night. Otherwise he wakes us up REALLY early.

Well, my guys are right by my bed, so when Dillan gets going it normally wakes me up. Unless I didn't do to bed till 1 AM and am so tired I am passed out until 1 the next day. That has how my nights have been the last week. Needless to say I have not been woken up lately.

I gave Cupcake a giant vacuum box and she's been pretty calm since then. I still see that little glint of evil in her eye, but she's just going to have to deal until I move into a bigger apartment next year. :D

Lmao you have to love bunnies :inlove:Makes me laugh how some people go around saying bunnies are cage pets and have no personalities... Lol... Seriously! They are such quirky wee ones aren't they? Hehehe. Hope you manage to keep her in there :p

I think she was going crazy cause I didn't let her run around in the hallway outside of my room the night before. I didn't realize it would affect her so, but now that I've gone back to letting her run loose for a few minutes, she's been more chill with me. :D

Buns are crazy, but that's what makes them better than other pets. ^_^ I wub Cupcake, even though she's planning on taking over the world.

Latest posts

Back