Cupcake in the City

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recap of Day 5 (10/14):

I woke up to a crash and a thump. Then, lo and behold, I see a little bunny head peeking up at me over my bed. Cupcake has finally discovered the second floor of her cage!

4014495201_10aa5040a5.jpg

I rewarded her with her first carrot since she's been with me, and she was more than delighted with it:

4014495205_78284454d4.jpg

In seven hours, all traces of the carrot was gone.

The rest of the day, Cupcake chilled around her/my room.

4014495213_abfbc4c65f.jpg
4014495217_ac909260ea.jpg

She's definitely comfortable with me around, letting me sit by her and pet her and even walk over her. When my friends come over. however, she hides in her cage until they leave. I'm fine with that though, as they're a bit too handsy for my liking. :D

I spent a lot of time cleaning out her cage and litterboxes because I'm leaving her with my friend for tonight while I get my teeth yanked out of my mouth. : /

She'll be fine, I'm sure. Can't help but worry a little though.

Tomorrow, Cupcake has her first vet appointment since she's been with me. I think she has an ear infection or mites because she keeps scratching at her ear, and I want to get her filmy eye checked out to make sure it's nothing very serious.

A new Cupcake video will be uploaded tonight, I promise. :D

Cupcake certainly looks like she is taking control of the household well enough. :p Sounds like she is getting you trained right off the bat. ;)

myheart

Lol, she really has. I'm totally devoted to loving on her, and she knows it and uses it to her advantage. I don't like letting her run around the bathroom and hallway because I know she wants to pee everywhere, but when she goes up on two legs next to my bedroom door, I can't say no. It's terrible, lol.

Recap of Day 6 (10/15):

I left Cupcake in the care of my friend while I went to an oral surgeon to get all my of wisdom teeth pulled. My friend sent me regular updates during the day, along with pictures, so here goes:

9432_1242299530486_1019268112_783152_2878727_n.jpg

9432_1242299570487_1019268112_783153_2081562_n.jpg
9432_1242315770892_1019268112_783233_6153541_n.jpg
9432_1242315810893_1019268112_783234_7520345_n.jpg

I did get word from her that Cupcake has figured out how to escape from her cage and has been romping around under my bed and computer desk. Darn genius rabbit. Ah well, I'll figure out how to re-configure her cage once I see her later today (10/16).

happatk wrote:
I did get word from her that Cupcake has figured out how to escape from her cage and has been romping around under my bed and computer desk. Darn genius rabbit. Ah well, I'll figure out how to re-configure her cage once I see her later today (10/16).
Some people think rabbits are not smart.:p

I hope you feel better soon, I can definelty relate to the discomfort your going through with your teeth.

Recap of Day 7:

I went to get Cupcake for her vet appointment and discovered that she had completely destroyed my room. Hay, poo, and paper were scattered everywhere, and she had shredded the nifty cardboard I had used to surround her cage. Sigh. I've been cleaning since then, but I'm still not done.

As far as good news goes, Cupcake is perfectly healthy, woo hoo! I've been worrying for nothing.

Now, back to cleaning up after my little monster.

I've neglected to update this blog for a few days, but I have a nice video to make up for it. Here is a compilation of Cupcake's adventures in the city thus far:

[quicktime=320,256]http://www.facebook.com/v/180941613139[/quicktime]

Last night/early this morning, Cupcake actually licked me! And she wouldn't stop, either! Woo hoo, she loves me!

On the down side, she's taken to pulling the entire wall of her play area's wall out of where I put it in order to create a gap in it big enough for her to squeeze out of. Le sigh.

Sigh, I haven't updated this in so long. I apologize. This past semester I've been studying in DC, so I had to leave Cupcake at home with my family.

Ironically enough, my mother, who never wanted me to adopt Cupcake in the first place, has fallen in love with the little furball. :D How could she not?

I got to spend some time with her last week during Spring Break, but I didn't take any pictures.

I was shocked by how big she seems to have gotten in the 2 months since I've been gone. She looks like she's gained a pound (my mother keeps giving fruits and spoiling her, d'oh), but otherwise, she was the same ol' Cupcake.

At first, she didn't seem to recognize me, which was really sad. I tried to pet her and she batted my hand away like I was an enemy.

By the end of the week though, after much spoiling and nose rubbing, she was licking me to death just like before I left. :D

Only one more month before I get to go home and stay home with my little furbaby. :D

Latest posts

Back