Cuddles is being kinda mean

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuddles

Reaction score
She thumps all the time when i try to get herout. She like growls too. It is hard to get her out sometimes. I amtrying to hold her more but nothingis working.

well, it is probably out of fear andinsecure. also, bunnies do not like being heldeither. just gotta be patient with them and earn theirtrust. it is all worth it.

How old is she? Is she spayed?

If you want to get her to be more friendlier with you, I wouldn'tsuggest holding and carrying her around. This usually frightens a bunnyand most hate being held. I would sit on the floor with her and playthat way at her level so she's more open to explore and play with you.

Don't try to grab her from her cage, that is herhome. She needs to feel safe somewhere and this isit. Let her come to you and get used to you. LikeSpring said, sit on the floor and read or something and she willeventually come up to you and rub on you and ask for some attention.:D

Thanks for your advice.:Di do hold her and carryher around.she is getting better.she isn't spayed.she is probablyaround 1 and a half.

My bunny growls when I don't approach her JUSTso. She isn't spayed either, I am sure that will go away once I get herunder the knife. I NEVER pick my bunny up, I have been horriblyscratched and know better.

~Star~

Spring wrote:
Ifyou want to get her to be more friendlier with you, I wouldn't suggestholding and carrying her around. This usually frightens a bunny andmost hate being held.
I think you misread what Spring said. She suggested that you don't hold and carry her around.:)

Also, are you planning on having her spayed? There is a highrisk of uterine cancer in females over 3 years old:(.

Sorry i did misread what spring said. I feel like a dork beacause i am doing all this stuff wrong.

Aww...don't feel like a dork. Manypeople misread bunnies and don't know exactly what to do withthem. You're certainly not the first, Hun. :)

My main suggestion: get your girl spayed. It's more than likely the #1 reason for her agression.

My second: to not try to hold her. Many bunnies just plainfreak out about being picked up, and it really imposes on theirpersonal space. I would much rather lay on the floor and getto my BUN's level, than try the opposite (getting her to MY level).

Don't feel bad...many, many people make the mistake of thinking bunslike to snuggle in one's arms, when there are actually very few likeit. I have three buns, and none of them like it.Maisie did when she was a baby (as did Flower), but once those hormoneshit, that was IT for being held! Hehe!!

I think if you get her spayed...you'll see a change. :)

Hugs!

Rosie & the Herd :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back