Cuddlebuns Need Adoption! Kill shelter - Maryland

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I forgot Vivien! She did not do well at the match. She needs a man who is bigger than her and very confident and manly.

C'mon bunny men! She's a doll baby!

Beatrix is doing very well. One of her eyes is completely cleared up and the other should be soon. I couldn't believe that it got better, the left eye was so red and inflamed on the inside of the lid.

She is pretty happy and getting lots of cuddles every day. She does like to eat. The vet said her molars were completely worn down like she had only been given really bad hay to eat ever. Well she has some choice hay now.

I have to order her spay certificate next week. I'm debating about where to get her spayed since she is 5.5. I could go one place that would be excellent and cost probably $500 or I could go the cheapie route and hope for the best. There's no in between that I can think of right now. So that is my only debate with her. She is nesting so I need to get it done asap.

She's still in a "hospital" cage so she can't move around too much and exert herself but I have huge, roomy cage awaiting her. 5.5' x 2.5' x 2.5'. She will love it. She's such a great gal.

TinysMom wrote:
How is Beatrix?
Oh, I'm so glad you asked! I had fallen in love with Beatrix from when these pics were first posted. I keep reading this thread to keep updated on her progress. You are so nice to have brought her to your sanctuary. She is just a BEAUTIFUL bun! I can't believe someone had her in that poor type of condition. :(

Hooray for Trisha, too! I hope Skittles and Buggs get adopted soon, they are SO CUTE! And good luck with deciding what to do for Beatrice. She's such a sweetie, I'm glad her one eye is all better and the other is almost all better.

Okay I am in LOVE with Beatrix!!!! She is the spitting image of my Downy, a mini lop. Almost the same markings too. If you were not going to keep her and I had a way to get her to Michigan she would sooooo be mine.

Thank you so much for caring for these sweeties.....

Skittles is pretty great too.

VIVIEN WENT TO A TOTALLY EXCELLENT HOME!
:woohoo

SKITTLES IS GOING TO AN AWESOME, INCREDIBLE HOME ON SATURDAY!

:bunny24

Update on BEATRIX:
Beatrix was spayed on 3/13. She had massive uterine cancer. She also had lots of mammarian tumors.

It was undetermined if the uterine cancer has spread. She will have lung xrays in a week or so.

The mammarian cancer appeared to be aggressive. She is receiving low grade chemo (metacam) for that and we'll explore having further chemo. I know some buns who have beat this. The key is has the uterine cancer spread to the lungs?

She had major, major surgery for all this and came through with flying colors and is happy, eating like a piggie and just loves to see us and showers us with kisses every day.

Keep you fingers crossed for Beatrix. Don't count her out yet!
:sickbunny:

Hooray for Vivien and Skittles being adopted!! Is anyone interested in Buggs? He's such a cutie pie! Have you heard if Storm is doing well in his new family? I still think about him. I'm really sorry to hear about Beatrix's cancer, please let us know what the x-rays show! I hope she can beat this!

I have to follow up with the guy about Storm but I will, don't worry. I'll let you know. He seemed like a very sincere young man and very intelligent.

Yes lots of people want Bugs now of course with Easter looming. I am screening a young adopter for him tomorrow. She needs some education but she should be ok.

We're only going to have one bun left after this weekend! I haven't listed her here yet but I imagine I will later on and then there will be the dumps coming later on.

Unfortunately I will not be able to take Beatrix in for chemo consult for at least a week as I have just returned from 5 days in the hospital myself and am too weak and woozy to drive.

But I will discuss on the phone with the vet and maybe we can get her started on some chemo with me picking up local steroids, etc. at a closer clinic. We'll do everything we can for precious little Beatrix. She is such a great bunny! So happy and jolly all the time!

Bugs is getting adopted Saturday to a very nice young lady and I did talk with Storm's new dad and he is enjoying the little guy. He is an intense, serious, intellectual young man who fell for a rabbit his mom brought home one day that a coworker had abandoned. He's a college student who is going to stay at home while he gets his career underway and he is just a good guy, very responsible and enjoying his new little friend.

So I am not worried about Storm. He also wants to get Storm a friend later on and I will make sure that happens cuz we already have 6 new rabbits at the shelter! Storm has been a little skittish so I'm going to send him some info on drawing him out of his shell, but mainly, if Storm got married, that would all change....

Just when I get them all out, all the spaces fill right back up! And it's not even Easter yet! ACK!!!

Latest posts

Back