Crystal is due!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marbleandloz

Reaction score
Hello! Crystal is one of our rescues, she isstaying with my sister, as she rescued her. We alwaysknewthere was a chance she was pregnant as she came from a home where thewomen let the buck and does run together all the time!But weweren't 100% sure she was preggers, now we are!!! Her pelvic bones areopening, shes lost her appetite, she is avery friendly bunnybut recently she has been biting a lot, and we took her to the vets fora check-up last week and he was pretty sure she is too! Ive worked outall the dates, and tomorrow is her latest duedate.

I'm staying at my sisters because i want to be there whenshehas the babies!Me and my sister Annagot her in a minute ago, and we listened with the stepescope...its waswell cool! My sister palpated her abdomen and she can definatly feelbabies.. even though she is a rescue, she is in very good health and weare excited! She has had 2 litters in her previous home, one she had 8,the other she had 9!! but we dont think shes going to have so many thistime!

We will let you all know when she finally kindles!

Anna and loz x

Picture of crystal - Shes a large dwarf lop!

DSCF0015.jpg

Its going to be a big surprise to see what the babies look like because the dad could be any of the following -

Show quailty silver fox (very large)

Cinnamon standard rex (large)

Chocolate seal point (dwarf lop)

frosty seal point bunny (dwarf lop)

We wont be able to tell who the father is until the bubs are about 1-2weeks old! In crystal previous litters, she has produced chinchilla,golden agouti and silver fox/black otter colours

Loz and Anna x

UPDATE!!!!

We think she is going to kindle any hour now! lol :D

She is showing all the signs!

Drinking a lot

lost appetite

laying down/resting

gets restless at time, keeps jumping in and out of the nesting bit! :bunnydance:

I wondered how many she will have? You can all guess if you'd like??

Me and my family are guessing - Me - 5, Anna - 4, charlie one of the dogs (yes he really guessed, lol) - 7

Loz and Anna x

p.s please someone reply!!

are you still there? i'm so excited for you!!! iguess 6 do i get one if i'm right lol! she is the most gorgeouscolouring i think i have ever seen!!! so jealous! i'm hoping my bun ispregnant but i can't feel anything so she prob isn't :(plskeep updated good luck bunny

Hiya! Yes she is gorgeous, she is kinda halfharlequin half magpie, absolutley stunning, we usually re-home ourrescues butI (Anna) want to keep her lol!

I will check her again in a few minutes...ooooh im so exicted! I hopeyour doe is pregnant! Its wicked when they have babies! We have hadtons of litters, but we never get bored with it and we are alwaysexcited!

Anna and Loz xx

If you would travel down here your welcome tohave one, as im going to end up with tons to re-home, ive stillgota fewrescue rabbits here from the same place igot crystal!

Anna lives in Southampton, hampshire, I (lorna) live in salisbury,wiltshire! Im at Annas and we are both on, lol! So you may get confused!

Annaand Loz xx

If the buck was the Silver Fox or Standard Rex, she may have trouble giving birth.

I would watch her closely for signs of complications and be ready to get her to the vet's if necessary.

She is just as big as the males, lol!! She isntpedigree, but has dwarf lop in her, so i said she was a large dwarflop, the dad to her last 2 litters was the silver fox and she had noprolems! I know all the signs to watch out for,and if anything goeswrong i will take her staightto the vets..she is in goodhands here :Di've had rabbits that have had to have emergencyc-sections etc before, thanxs for your conern !

anna

can i be cheeky and ask how old you are thenpls? i'm 23, do u live at home then? u can't surely with all those!! iam trying to get my boyfriend to take one of the babies....

I'm only 14 and my sister Anna is 16, we do itall as a family, we have 2 other sisters, I live at Salisbury with mymum and Anna lives with our grandparents, She uses the garden andgarage for all the animals...they don't mind! We all help each other,Anna is soon to bequalified in small animal care, she is veryexperienced, and we all have learnt quite a bit about breeding andcaring for all the animals we have!

Anna and Loz xx

p.s just checked crystal no babies yet!

so as you girls are experts, is lying down a lota sign of pregnancy? i don't know if you have my post about french lopbreeding but i can't work out if my bun is pregnant, she doesn't appearto have put on weight but her dewlap is geting larger, she isn't moreaggressive but she is lying down a lot more, but i have felt her butcan't feel anything but i've never done this before! any thoughts?

My does all lay down a lot more when they're pregnant - especially the last week of the pregnancy.

Peg

Well my does usually lay down a lot in the lastfew days of pregnancy, because they are heavily pregnant, worn out etc,but not all does do this, but most of mine do! They do tend to drinkmore water, and lose their appetite a day or so before birth, but iveonly ever had 2 does including crystal do this! I think i did read yourpost about the french lop, my french lop recently escaped with my dwarflop, about 33 days later 2 babies, lol! I couldnt feel them because sheis so big and she only had 2!!

Latest posts

Back