Crows got close to bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JetFalcon

Reaction score
So I have my bunnies live on the balcony. Which is nice so they can enjoy fresh air, but still be enclosed. My balcony is fully covered, it's almost like a 2nd room.

I let my bunnies out of their cage to run around. I walked away for like 5-10 minutes letting them have some time outside. But when I go back, I see two huge crows on my balcony looking at the bunnies. They were just standing there, and the bunnies were hiding. But they flew away once they saw me. I never saw crows go onto my balcony before, until I let my bunnies out to roam around and I was gone for a few minutes. I think because the bunnies were running around so the crows saw it and wanted to check them out.

Then I go online and google it, it says crows aren't predatory birds, but they are opportunistic and can eat a bunny. Thank god it wasn't a hawk because I can hear them and my home has views of wilderness areas in the suburb, where coyotes and hawks live.

Coyotes can't get to them because there is no stairs and they can't jump two stories high. But the birds can, which sucks. But that's why I keep them in the cage and covered, and that seems to be enough to keep birds away.

My plan is to eventually do something where I can pull down some kind of shade that keeps birds out from the balcony so I can let my bunnies run around without being eaten.

Maybe try putting up some sort of pet screening. This would still allow for airflow and looking out, but would prevent anything from being able to fly in or get near your rabbits.

I think they wanted the rabbit pellets more than the rabbits if you had their food out there. They will eat a dead rabbit but not kill one. We are the crow capital of Canada they blacken the sky here

Myself never trust crows or magpies, specially magpies they are truly bullies. I’ve seen them gang up on wild rabbits, cats and smaller birds before.

Myself never trust crows or magpies, specially magpies they are truly bullies. I’ve seen them gang up on wild rabbits, cats and smaller birds before.
I never seen a crow go on my balcony, it's enclosed and only two openings. But the bunnies were hiding and I see two giant crows just standing there.

Back