Cross-country move

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philososaurus

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have two rabbits (Yoshi and Amie, 1.5 yrs .5 yrs respectively) and I'm about to move alllll the way to Brooklyn.

Any advice for the big move?

My mom said something about the fact that rabbits are considered livestock in NYC. Will this have an effect on my ability to own them?

Any help is welcome and very much appreciated.

Plenty of people own rabbits in NYC, so I don't really see how this will be a problem ?? Just make sure if you're renting that your landlord is ok with them.

For the move, are you going to drive straight through or stop? If you're going to stop make sure that you have pet friendly hotels lined up. Stock up on all of the bunny things you need and try to get them out for some exercise every day maybe in the hotel bathroom.

When I traveled from California to Florida with my buns, I get the daily drive to around 500 miles per day. They weren't particularly happy about traveling, but did just fine. La Quinta is pet-friendly, doesn't require an extra fee for pets, and is inexpensive.

I'm sure we'll drive, but I bet we'll have to stop for sure.

The bathroom! What a great idea.

We'll get a little snippet of how they travel when I move 2 hours north for a few hours.

So far they've only had bad car rides, to the vet, etc.... so I think the car makes them really nervous... I'm trying to change this, but there aren't too many places to take them!

NYC is perfectly fine with rabbits. I know plenty of folks who live in all five boroughs and own rabbits :) Do check if your building has rules about pets if you rent. Lot of other pets you can't have in NYC but buns ain't one of em!

How exciting! Brooklyn's my hometown. I still go there often to visit family and get cheap eats.

Latest posts

Back