Critique Please? 2 ND otter bucks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaded Night Rabbitry

Reaction score
Little River's Bowser - otter senior buck (~7 months)
Bowser.jpg

bowser2.jpg

B-head.jpg

Shaded Night's starSTRUCK - otter junior buck (~5 months)
star.jpg

Critiques greatly appreciated!

Are they both the same color or is one Chocolate and the other Black?
StarSTRUCK to my untrained eye would be the better specimen, but then again we are looking at a Sr vs a Jr.
I think both are very nice StarSTRUCK looks to be bit more rounded in the chest area.

Starstruck seems to be the better of the two, but I too am still learning on what constitutes good type. The only thing that jumps out at me is that the ears might not be as thickly furred and "of good substance" as the SOP would call for.

Starstruck is the better buck. Better chest, shorter body, the tort looks better as well
The only thing that looks like it could be improved r the eye circles. Lovely little buck :D

Sorry I'm incredibly late posting on this... but
How am I supposed to give a critique when there isn't really anyhing to critique? <---- ultimate compliment xD

I had to play search and find but, i found something that is better on Bowser than StarStruck: eyebands. And that is usually such a trivial thing in the first place.

I think Bowser is one of those small bucks that we all adore because they are small. Because of that, though, his bone just isn't quite up to par in proportion, especially compared to StarStruck.

StarStruck has very striking rufus and just has an edge over Bowser in pretty much everything because of his better color. It gives him a greater effect of mass, to quote the book on it. His excellent type is certainly the basis of it, but the color gives him the edge. The only way he could improve besides the eye circles is to shave a couple of hairs off of that loin length.

Back