Creme Egg Finale

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
This has to be the best Easter Creme Egg advert EVER!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSMrH5PMXg4[/ame]

Hehe Cadbury's Creme eggs are so yummy! I had a creme egg Mc Flurry yesterday :p

Mmm the McFlurry's are good. I had a Creme egg yesterday for selling lots of shoes at work :D

I used to like the Cadbury Creme Eggs, when the center was really gooey and runny. Now that the centers are mostly solid, I don't like them. Plus the chocolate shell is much thicker.

Now they're a lot like other candies out there.

Cadbury's chocolate is the nicest chocolate ever though.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I've never had one. I don't like sweet stuff.
I'm not much for sweets, either. I'd much rather have something salty than sweet.

My favorite dessert is cheese, lol!

Cadbury Creme Eggs are okay, I always have one every Easter but they aren't really my favorites. I like the mini eggs better and the mini caramel eggs are good too. The minis are a little more manageable! I don't know if they've always been selling them, but this year I found Russell Stover's cream eggs. They have dark chocolate filled with coconut cream, dark chocolate filled with raspberry cream and milk chocolate filled with strawberry cream. They are SO good, especially the coconut ones, and way better than Cadburies!

MMMMM I got 12 creme eggs for Easter yesterday!! And 4 chocolate bunnies :D Yum yum!

Do you guys get other Cadbury chocolate products in the US?, my friends cousins from Connecticut always go crazy when they come over because they said it's way better then any chocolate in the US so I thought you didn't get it.

irishbunny wrote:
Do you guys get other Cadbury chocolate products in the US?, my friends cousins from Connecticut always go crazy when they come over because they said it's way better then any chocolate in the US so I thought you didn't get it.

I've seen other Cadbury products here. I can't remember now if I've seen them at "regular" stores or at the import store, though. (Even though I'm not a big chocolate eater, a trip to World Market isn't complete without stopping at the import chocolate section. It's fun to see the variety.)

It might depend on where they live, and if the stores near them choose to carry the Cadbury products.

Personally, on the rare occasions I eat chocolate, I prefer Godiva over anything else.

My question is....Are the Creme Eggs in the UK still runny and liquidy inside, or are the mostly solid? In the US the shell part is very thick, and the center is solid. I haven't eaten one in years, because they were much better with the liquidy center.

I LOVE Creme Eggs!!! They are the best egg ever.....

I didn't get any for Easter this year :( But I did have plenty before lol. This year, Steve got me a posh egg from Hotel Chocolat, with chocolates inside that are just yummy! :D

My question is....Are the Creme Eggs in the UK still runny and liquidy inside, or are the mostly solid? In the US the shell part is very thick, and the center is solid. I haven't eaten one in years, because they were much better with the liquidy center.
Ya they are still gooey here, the chocolate part is fairly thick but the inside is sticky and gooey. I'm in Ireland but I'm pretty sure it's the same for the UK.

irishbunny wrote:
Ya they are still gooey here, the chocolate part is fairly thick but the inside is sticky and gooey. I'm in Ireland but I'm pretty sure it's the same for the UK.

I don't understand why the US gets all the gross stuff. :( If Creme Eggs were still liquidy inside here, I would eat some. But the center is mostly solid, sort of the consistency of ganache. Not as much as, say, nougat, but it's not liquidy at all. I can get ganache-filled chocolates anywhere, nothing special about a Creme Egg anymore.

:(:(:(

I often find that imported food and drinks can taste alot different. Like I love the Coca-Cola bottled here in Ireland, but I had a can that must have been imported from the US because it had something about American Football on the side and it tasted horrible, same with Coca-Cola from other foreign countries, tastes different.

I've had the occasional egg that's been hard and 'candy-like' in the centre, but not that often. I think there is a bad batch of them every now and again.

I have found that the inside is thicker than it used to be though- when we were kids, it used to run out and get EVERYWHERE! Now it's a much more tidy eat lol.

I guess over there maybe they're made differently? Kind of like Hershey's chocolate over here. LOVE it in the US, but not so nice over here!

Hershey's. Ew. I would have thought it's better in Europe than in the US. Hershey's is one of the main reason I grew up not liking chocolate! To me, it just tastes like chocolate-flavored sugar. Not creamy at all, and way too sweet!

I also don't like Russell Stover. I know a lot of people who do like it, but it tastes cheap to me.

Yes, I am a chocolate snob! If I eat chocolate, it better be Good. I generally choose Lindt (I like their truffles, but not plain chocolate), and Godiva. If my chocolate purchase must be on a budget, I'll get Dove. Also, I really don't like milk chocolate, it's dark all the way for me. The darker, the better!

BethM wrote:
generally choose Lindt (I like their truffles, but not plain chocolate), and Godiva.
We got given a big box of Lindt Lindor for Easter yesterday! :biggrin2:

I will generally go for Cadbury's, or Galaxy. If you're going to eat chocolate, there's no sense in just getting the cheap stuff. You might as well do it properly! I also really like the fairtrade stuff we have over here- It's called Divine, and it is just that! :)

Lindt is definitely the best chocolate. My fave chocolates ever are Lindt's Lindor but they are so expensive! Actually the best chocolate I've ever tasted was in Switzerland but I guess thats a given!

I had another Creme Egg today for selling a handbag at work! Its good but its also bad because I keep doing too many good sales and winning chocolate... I'm supposed to be on a diet!

Back